Why you need Rustproofing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
That really does not look that bad to me you should see the frames at the local Toyota dealership here in Western Massachusetts. A good friend of mine works there and they are replacing Tacoma frames as early as three years old! Now just think about that! Part of the problem is in MA the brine they use on the roads is 15 times more corrosive then sea water! It is only used in three states MA, NY, and NH. Used cars here in the snow belt of Western Massachusetts look like [censored] after a shot time. I don't know what you kids up there in Canada use on your roads but I hope it's not the same mixture we use.

This year I did undercoat my frame and other areas on my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder and I must say the frame was nearly rust free. I was going to leave it but I had already purchased the undercoating so why not. When I sold my 2006 Toyota 4Runner in 2012 the frame and front end was extremely rusty. Toyota truck frames do not hold up well in a heavy salted area!

My cousin lived in the Lake George area of NY. He swore off Toyota years ago because of their rust problems, he'll never own another Toyota. Rustproofing is a must in that area.

Just about every other brand in the LG area are just as bad with rust !

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
That's a JK Wrangler Unlimited. No doubt. Looks pretty good to me! Looks like the 3.8 V6 so that means 07-11, so for Ontario, I'd say it's a win.

You Nailed It!

Originally Posted By: AVB
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Did the rest of the body sleuth off in one rusty heap, leaving only the frame? What am I missing here???
I think that is supposed to be the joke.

The sub forum is Humor

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Originally Posted By: AVB
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Did the rest of the body sleuth off in one rusty heap, leaving only the frame? What am I missing here???
I think that is supposed to be the joke.

The sub forum is Humor

Ah, missed the forum section.

The frame looks so good, I was confused.

Saw this early spring of 2017, I had to pull in to take a picture. A mechanic walked out and said the owner was having body work done with the body off.
I'm sure they were going to do any needed mechanical repairs too. Easy work with everything out of the way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Can't see: Is that chassis C-channel (good) or box-section (bad)?

Are any lightish C/U channel chassis vehicles available on the US market?

Looked into it in the Yook and the only reasonably-sized one seemed to be a BL Sherpa chassis-cab. Earlier versions of the Toyota Zace here were channel, but no more.

It's a box section, open on the ends like a pipe.
Not sure of availability of C/U channel chassis.

Originally Posted By: Bambam
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
That really does not look that bad to me you should see the frames at the local Toyota dealership here in Western Massachusetts. A good friend of mine works there and they are replacing Tacoma frames as early as three years old! Now just think about that! Part of the problem is in MA the brine they use on the roads is 15 times more corrosive then sea water! It is only used in three states MA, NY, and NH. Used cars here in the snow belt of Western Massachusetts look like [censored] after a shot time. I don't know what you kids up there in Canada use on your roads but I hope it's not the same mixture we use.

This year I did undercoat my frame and other areas on my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder and I must say the frame was nearly rust free. I was going to leave it but I had already purchased the undercoating so why not. When I sold my 2006 Toyota 4Runner in 2012 the frame and front end was extremely rusty. Toyota truck frames do not hold up well in a heavy salted area!

My cousin lived in the Lake George area of NY. He swore off Toyota years ago because of their rust problems, he'll never own another Toyota. Rustproofing is a must in that area.

Just about every other brand in the LG area are just as bad with rust !

I recall Toyota having some major issues with their frames becoming unsafe in rather short order compared to some of their competition. Many of which had to be bought back. One of many articles about it. http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/toyota-will-settle-truck-frame-rust-suit-suit-34-billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back