Oil Rustproofing in Wet Weather

Rust proofing companies say their products have water repelling properties and can be applied in any weather and be effective. Is this actually legit or they need to say this to have business year round?

I have some doubts. It may have some water displacement properties, but you would need to use a lot of product to displace the water on a very wet car. Logically the oil should creep further on dry surfaces than wet ones, and the effectiveness would be reduced on a wet car.

What are your thoughts on getting you car rustproofed with an oil based spray like Krown or Fluid Film in wet weather? Would you do it on a wet car or wait for dry weather?

They usually spray around 2 liters.
I think dry weather conditions are closer to ideal.. but wet is not the end of the world.

Reactions: JC1
I've never had any issues. When I took my truck in to be Krown'd in September, I was told that I could skip a year if I wanted to because of the buildup on the body.

Reactions: JC1
lanolin based formula so does it smell like sheep butt.. (ie similar to fluidfilm)

I just fluid filmed the caravan today. I do the doors via a hole with the body plugs, did the entire undercarriage and removed the plastic wheel liners to spray everything else.

It rained this afternoon, but it won't wash everything off there is a buildup of stuff from the previous years.

A dry surface and dry weather conditions are always better to apply rustproofing compounds to.

Back