Why use a "synthetic blend"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ^^^^ and believe it or not, I can pick up the Super Tech synthetic 10/30 right now for $14.50 next day delivery at my local Walmart.
Amazon $22. and 7+ day delivery
Actually the 5/20 and 5/30 are also around the same price, $8 less then Amazon slime

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I just ordered 3-5 quart containers of Super Tech 5/30 syn dexos 2 from Walmart.
Price $14.18 each, free delivery next day.

Amazon Basic 5/30 (no dexos)
Price $24.99 Free 7+ Day delivery

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by wdn
I dispute that Walmart is the world headquarters for anything, but will buy motor oil online from them if and only if they offer the best deal including shipping. They are not cheaper than Costco or Sam's Club on motor oil, rarely beat Amazon, and are never cheaper than Rock Auto for oil filters.

Ummm ... all you need to do is open your webbroswer and check the oil prices on Walmart and rip off Amazon (yes I hate Amazon, all things evil)
Anyway, Walmarts full 5/30 synthetic is $17.47 - Amazon $24.99 (oh wait, now the Amazon is tracking my browser the cost is only $22.99 still a rip off), never mind Walmart will ship it next day if your order hits $35, way better then Amazons up to 10 day delivery.
Anyway, its almost laughable that people think Amazon is their friend and always has the best price.
People fooled so easy.

Gee that's nice and last week from Amazon I bought Castrol Edge EP their top shelf 20,000 mile oil from a top brand, for $16 a jug. What is that selling for a Walmart these days?

Prime Series SN+ in 5W30, 5W20 or 10W30 is $8.97 for 5 quarts at Sam's Club.

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by wdn
I dispute that Walmart is the world headquarters for anything, but will buy motor oil online from them if and only if they offer the best deal including shipping. They are not cheaper than Costco or Sam's Club on motor oil, rarely beat Amazon, and are never cheaper than Rock Auto for oil filters.

Ummm ... all you need to do is open your webbroswer and check the oil prices on Walmart and rip off Amazon (yes I hate Amazon, all things evil)
Anyway, Walmarts full 5/30 synthetic is $17.47 - Amazon $24.99 (oh wait, now the Amazon is tracking my browser the cost is only $22.99 still a rip off), never mind Walmart will ship it next day if your order hits $35, way better then Amazons up to 10 day delivery.
Anyway, its almost laughable that people think Amazon is their friend and always has the best price.
People fooled so easy.

Gee that's nice and last week from Amazon I bought Castrol Edge EP their top shelf 20,000 mile oil from a top brand, for $16 a jug. What is that selling for a Walmart these days?

... and the point of your post is ???
Oh that's right, Amazon Basics oil cost over $8 more a container then I just paid for Dexos 2 Super Tech. (I bought 3-5 quart containers) and delivered free next day @ $14.18 ea

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wdn

Oh man, Ill be there today! *L* though sometimes our Sams Club doesnt have everything available.

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by wdn

People fooled so easy.

I think Walmart and Amazon certainly don't need anyone white-knighting for them.

As consumers we are free to choose which soulless evil conglomerate we do business with.

(Make mine Havoline smart change at Walmart -
lol.gif
)

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by wdn

People fooled so easy.

... and the point of your post is ???
Oh that's right, Amazon Basics oil cost over $8 more a container then I just paid for Dexos 2 Super Tech. (I bought 3-5 quart containers) and delivered free next day @ $14.18 ea

My point which you happened to quote, is I will buy from Walmart online if and only if it is cheaper. I can buy from anyone. Would I buy Amazon basics oil? Not at that price. If they have a better value which is quite often yes, I shop at Amazon.

Not like you apparently, who went on a truly bizarre rant about Amazon. I never said Amazon is friend or always has the best price for example. The Walton family are not my pals either. I am not looking for pals from big retailers. What I said is I buy a good deal if I see one. Frankly, your thinking that Amazon is dropping its prices to spite you sounds quite unhinged.

Originally Posted by wdn

Oh man, Ill be there today! *L* though sometimes our Sams Club doesnt have everything available.

My local Sam's just started to carry the Prime Series brand. That is the cheapest I have seen for SN+ rated motor oil. So if you go to your Sam's warehouse they probably have it now.

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by wdn

My local Sam's just started to carry the Prime Series brand. That is the cheapest I have seen for SN+ rated motor oil. So if you go to your Sam's warehouse they probably have it now.

Yes, our local Sams has had Prime for a while now. Ive been using Chevron and Chevron Supreme 5 qt Conventional for about 2 years in our Durango and Mazda at around the same price with a catch, our Sams only sells oil by the case in quarts not in 5 qt containers which is weird and was a possibility now that my stock of Chevron is gone.
With that said, I then saw the Super Tech Dexos 2 Syn at a price of $14.11 for 5 qt jugs which is only about 75 cents more then the conventional Chevron I was using, so what the heck and honestly forgot all about the Prime at Sams or would have possibly gone with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back