why techron in an almost empty tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz

I see you're supposed to put it in an almost empty tank than fill it up. can i not fill up THEN put it in? I ask because i want to use it in a motorcycle and carrying a bottle around isn't possible for me. It would be a lot easier to fill up before i get home and add it then. I surely don't want to put it in an almost empty tank then ride 4-5 miles from home to the nearest station like that ! I take it the reasoning is that when you fill it up, the gas flowing into the tank will mix the techron in thoroughly. But won't riding do the same within just a short mile or less?

Last edited:
Either way it'll get mixed in just fine - like you said, a few miles of sloshing around in the tank and it'd be mixed just as well.

In a car if you put it in after it would all stay in the gooseneck and not mix in the gas right away. In a motorcycle this isn't a concern.

Originally Posted By: daz
I see you're supposed to put it in an almost empty tank than fill it up. can i not fill up THEN put it in? I ask because i want to use it in a motorcycle and carrying a bottle around isn't possible for me. It would be a lot easier to fill up before i get home and add it then. I surely don't want to put it in an almost empty tank then ride 4-5 miles from home to the nearest station like that ! I take it the reasoning is that when you fill it up, the gas flowing into the tank will mix the techron in thoroughly. But won't riding do the same within just a short mile or less?

daz,

I know that's what it says on the instructions. I never add at an almost empty tank cuz I can't afford to let it go down that far. I always add the bottle first and the n head to the gas station and fill up. That way the techron is used simply as a supplement.

Durango

In a car I'd fill, in a bike, no worries.

I'm sure standing the bike up and taking 3 turns more then sloshes that around enough.

It'll mix just fine in a scooter - and eventually in a car.
The best and first choice is to add, then fill with gas.
But a bike makes this less necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back