Why not more hybrids?

The upside is Change is pushed currently then will get suspended when next admin change occurs. There are experts who contradict each other for every matter. People just choose to only hear the experts who support their cause.
Hopefully the next admin makes some fast changes to this non-sense. Like I said, CA proves my point and the point of many experts. The experts I hear said the CA grid isn't even ready to handle a heatwave at the moment, all EV's maybe in a few decades. FTR NY is not much better.

Have found a Hybrid to be the perfect solution. My last tank hand calculated to 45 mpg. With my loyalty rewards and that mpg, driving is costing me 7.01¢ per mile. Can a EV be charged on a public charger for that amount, I have no idea?

They are the perfect bridging technology, and yet the big push seems to be EVs. EVs may be the power source of the future, but it's not practical yet. Hybrids are. I think more people would be less reluctant to go the hybrid route too. I know I would be...
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!

a friend of my in-laws was quoted over $25,000 to put a new battery in their Volt. I can buy a lot of fuel for that cost. BTW, we need plan for all these batteries. I won't be touching a battery or hybrid vehicle until that is rectified. It seems we have the cart before the horse on this EV stuff in my opinion.

just my $0.02

What does this sentence even mean?
Oh wow, my phone can’t handle my fat fingers properly when I type fast :). I meant to say: And now they (Toyota) made a first one (EV) after some customer\investors\peer pressure. Which is medicore by modern standards and they literally have a recall because wheels are falling off.(no fix yet, last time I read about it, wondering if it was intentional to prove their point).

Ok, but the admin currently in charge made it quite obvious they have no love for the oil industry, and are not helping to make the green new deal transition smooth. We have at least another 20-30 years to go to get the grid ready. All they have to do is listen to the experts, and they aren't. CA is proof of that.

It seems to me 20-25 years is the current timeline anyway for the roads being mostly of EVs.

The small number of 2035 states still give someone 12+ years to buy a new ICE. Many/most of those 2030-2034 model ICE vehicles will still be on the road well into the 2040s (the average age of a car in the USA is over 12 years old).

Many other states will probably adopt a 2040 policy. Now you’re looking at plenty of 2035-2039 MY ICE cars (assuming they’re still manufactured) on the road into the late 2040s/early 2050s.

It seems to me 20-25 years is the current timeline anyway for the roads being mostly of EVs.

The small number of 2035 states still give someone 12+ years to buy a new ICE. Many/most of those 2030-2034 model ICE vehicles will still be on the road well into the 2040s (the average age of a car in the USA is over 12 years old).

Many other states will probably adopt a 2040 policy. Now you’re looking at plenty of 2035-2039 MY ICE cars (assuming they’re still manufactured) on the road into the late 2040s/early 2050s.
My bet is it takes longer than that. I just look at the mess called CA and NY and base my predictions on that. Oh and there's always the chance the oil hating regime is voted out in 2024. That might make the transition to the green new deal a little smoother, less painful while we wait, and the time frame more realistic.

I was looking into the Hyundai Tucson Plug in Hybrid, and really would like one, but not available in Texas.

33 mile electric range covers about 80% of my wifes driving, another 15% is 50 miles each way trips to her mom's (with usually an over night stay that even a 110v could probably recharge), the last 5% is when we take trips >250 miles.
A hybrid is a perfect vehicle for us, still have gas for trips, but can use electricity for most around town stuff.
Unavailability, cost, and design is a huge holdback for us though.
I liked the Volt, but my wife hated it.
She likes Hyundai's and Kia's, and I like their warranty, so if we get one, it will be a H/K model of some type most likely.

Toyota is building and selling hybrids furiously, as many and as fast as they can possibly make them (and they have immense production capability). They have LONG waiting lists for some models and zero inventory on the ground for all hybrid models. Toyota is obviously did and is doing something right. Furthermore, all of the battery EVs (and hybrids) on the market are using technology invented/developed by Toyota over the last 35 years.
I will not buy a battery EV, but my next vehicle could very well be a hybrid. They are easy to live with and super economical to own, not to mention reasonable in price (relatively speaking) for such advanced technology.
Regardless, I wouldn't buy anything right now until the market settles, the supply catches up with demand, and prices get more sane.

Hopefully the next admin makes some fast changes to this non-sense. Like I said, CA proves my point and the point of many experts. The experts I hear said the CA grid isn't even ready to handle a heatwave at the moment, all EV's maybe in a few decades. FTR NY is not much better.
The grid needs a push to change in quite a few places including Tx, CA etc and EVs will shake out and push grid enhancements along. It is simpleton thinking to correlate grid issues now with future ones as if no modifications were to happen.

The grid needs a push to change in quite a few places including Tx, CA etc and EVs will shake out and push grid enhancements along. It is simpleton thinking to correlate grid issues now with future ones as if no modifications were to happen.
Simpleton? LOL. Hardly. The change will happen, granted it's a couple of decades away, but why cripple the oil industry, and drive prices higher, causing inflation while we wait? The current admin was very clear of their position on the oil industry and their dislike for it.

Back