Why japanese cars dont come with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You can have the dealer install it before you take it home. You're making a big deal out of nothing. Are you a troll?

Sorry you feel that way . I made a big deal when people got off topic. My point was why is it more readily available on americans than japanese. Its like a 10/1 ratio. Almost non existent. Then it got spun off.

I don't know what to tell ya. If the silly thing is so important to you, then either be patient while the dealer installs it on a Subaru or just buy an American car and be done with it.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Well i havent seen any on the subaru or lexus lots that have them. Im trying to say they are dealer installed options. I cant find any new cars that came with it from factory. Screw it.

Jesus, are you stupid or a troll?

Not wanting to order it and wait two weeks makes me stupid? I guess Fuji Heavy thinks i have a [censored] ton of time to spend at the dealer. No thanks fuji, I wouldnt like to have it available immediately. Thats why i didnt buy american.

So volvo4life can't have it his way?
What kind of customer service is that.
I'd go back to the drive thru and tell em I want it my way right away.

Sheesh

From now on ill only start a topic if my dishwasher starts actin retarded. God knows everybody will give me good advice then. But yes Ive noticed all the trolls replying to my posts. God bless them.

this guy is funny.his op was at 4:10 pm, and at 4:14 he asks " anybody know ?" patience is a virtue.reading this thread gave me my daily laugh.to the op -- thank you, and have a good night.

Guys, BIG storm coming on Sunday. Time to button down the hatches once again. What a brutal winter! I'm stocked with bread and butter. Hopefully, power will stay on so I can toast it.

Originally Posted By: yeti
this guy is funny.his op was at 4:10 pm, and at 4:14 he asks " anybody know ?" patience is a virtue.reading this thread gave me my daily laugh.to the op -- thank you, and have a good night.

The guy asked if i was asking or telling. I was asking. I guess its hard to believe id reply to posts while im on this website looking for other posts that i may find informing.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Guys, BIG storm coming on Sunday. Time to button down the hatches once again. What a brutal winter! I'm stocked with bread and butter. Hopefully, power will stay on so I can toast it.

I like this guy.
smile.gif

Well, my 2010 Forester didn't even come with a USB port or bluetooth. My impression has always been Subaru is just a little bit behind when it comes to technology. But the heated seats do work really fast.....

Originally Posted By: jrustles
How popular are remote starters internationally vs USA/Canada?

Not very. They're illegal in some countries. Heck, they're even illegal in some US states.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
How popular are remote starters internationally vs USA/Canada?

Not very. They're illegal in some countries. Heck, they're even illegal in some US states.

Quattro Pete. That may have answered my original question. Maybe they only sell them pre-installed in states that they know their legal. Just guessing. I was done with this topic after being called a troll and stupid and other stuff but im glad i checked it. The legality makes sense to me so im gonna guess thats it but ill ask the dealer im going to in the morning. Its supposed to be pretty reputable so maybe they will work out something so i dont have to drive all the way back down there to have it installed at cost to me. Im kinda gettin a new car a year early so my wife will flip if i keep spending money on it.

Last edited:
Maybe they only sell them pre-installed in states that they know their legal.

Well, they are legal in VA, AFAIK.

Maybe they only sell them pre-installed in states that they know their legal.

Well, they are legal in VA, AFAIK.

Lol. I give up.

I don't understand why OP makes such a big deal out of this. My Mazda 3 didn't come with remote starter from the factory, but I bought the OEM remote starter from the dealer, installed it myself and now, 8 years later it works like a charm with no problems what so ever.

In hind sight, if I was to do it over again, I would've gotten a nice aftermarket 2-way starter for the price of the OEM one and either install it myself or get a reputable audio shop to do it for me. Not that the OEM remote is bad, it has a descent range of about 100 yards, but for the same price I would've gotten much better value out of aftermarket offerings.

There are always many possibilities as to why the Japanese do what they do. Why does my Infiniti call for Dexron VI (a GM spec) for PSF? Many years ago, a lot of the Acura were very stripped down, particularly for a luxury brand, having no cruise control and the like, simply because the Japanese yen was so high and they didn't want to eclipse the Germans on pricing.

The only real answer will come from the manufacturers themselves. Maybe they don't like making compromises with their own design of keyless entry and theft protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back