Why is the Chevron Logo on Havoline with DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, while at Advance Auto to pick up an on-line order for Mobil 1, ATF, I noticed all the quart bottles of "Havoline with Deposit Shield" have either the Texaco logo or the Chevron logo on the container. Both containers read the same on the back of the containers.

All these quart containers were API-SN, GF-5, none were SM, GF-4, displaying either the Chevron or the Texaco Logo. All had the name Havoline with Deposit Shield.

Is Chevron Supreme now Havoline with Deposit Shield?

What has changed in the formulation of these two oils?

Are they both the same oil, with the same add pack, or is one a "weaker brother" to the other?

Thanks.

It seems that the Texaco star has been removed from the bottles and the website. To me I always associated Havoline with the Star, at least they aren't doing away with the Havoline name though.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I believe that Chevron Supreme is no more.

Not true. Chevron Supreme SN is sold at all Costcos where I live. What puzzles me more is that all of the Havoline DS bottles I see have the Chevron logo on them... all EXCEPT the 5w-20. All 5w-30, 10w-30, etc have the Chevron logo on them, but not the 5w-20 (all grades listed are SN).

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I believe that Chevron Supreme is no more.

Not true. Chevron Supreme SN is sold at all Costcos where I live. What puzzles me more is that all of the Havoline DS bottles I see have the Chevron logo on them... all EXCEPT the 5w-20. All 5w-30, 10w-30, etc have the Chevron logo on them, but not the 5w-20 (all grades listed are SN).

I think I read that thread wrong. I guess they're not calling it Texaco Havoline anymore, it is now Chevron Havoline. I swear someone said they were doing away with Chevron Supreme, though...

Who knows....Maybe with the Chevron Logo on the bottles and Jugs they have put the Moly back into Havoline....lol

I'll just stick with my Formula Shell and PYB for a conventional oil with great add packs and a good hefty dose of Moly.

The PDS sheets for Shell and Chevron do look similar....but only in the format in which they are printed....layout, text and description headings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back