E-mail Sent To Chevron/Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an e-mail to Chevron/Havoline this afternoon. They replied back very quickly. Opinions?

WRR,
Chevron Havoline Motor Oil and Chevron Supreme Motor Oil are not the same product. Havoline has a more robust detergent additive package. Detergents coat metal parts in your engine so deposits do not form on these parts, thus the term Deposit Shield. Chevron has improved Havoline by using better base oils and detergents.

Jim Ofcacek

--------------- Original Message ---------------
From: Global Lubricants Inquiries (lubricants) [[email protected]]
Sent: 5/6/2013 2:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: Havoline

Can you take a look at the request below and assist?

Thanks,
Kerri

Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 1:36 PM
To: Global Lubricants Inquiries (lubricants)
Subject: Havoline

1) I know Chevron and Texaco merged. I see the Havoline containers have the Chevron logo on them. Is the Havoline oil Chevron Supreme in a Havoline marked container?
If not, how do the 2 compare?

2) What does "Deposit Shield" do to Havoline oil and its effects on the internal parts of an engine?

not very helpful are they? they probably didn't tell you anything you didn't know lol...I thought Havoline used a grp 2+ base stock, how do you improve on that without making it at least a blend?

Originally Posted By: Stang40
not very helpful are they? they probably didn't tell you anything you didn't know lol...I thought Havoline used a grp 2+ base stock, how do you improve on that without making it at least a blend?

I guess I should have been more specific in my request. I can e-mail them again and ask what group base stock they use.
21.gif

From what I've read from alot of posters, none of the major manufacturers are all that willing to answer specific questions...unfortunately. you would think they would be more inclined to "sell" you their superior product.

One think I have noticed is Havoline is much more readily available at a good price... at places like WM or autoparts stores specials. Only place I have seen the Chevron is at a gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back