New Havoline Motor Oil Labeling

I was just at the Havoline motor oil website (https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en_us/home/products/by_brand/havoline.html) and noticed that there is new labeling for their bottles and Smart Change 6 quart packs. They have dropped the Deposit Shield wording and logo from the front label, and the labels have a new look.

I also noticed that according to the Product Data Sheets, they are no longer selling "conventional" 5w20 and 5w30 motor oils. If one wants a 5w20 or 5w30 motor oil from Havoline, those weights are available in their Synthetic Blend line.

One thing is certain, because of the changes to the labels, I don't think people will have to worry if they are getting the "old" GF-5 oils when they next purchase Havoline motor oils.

For me, it means that the next time I have to purchase 5w30 for any of my vehicles, it will be the Havoline Pro-DS full synthetic (I have a stash of 82 quarts of Havoline 5w30 conventional Deposit Shield to go through first).

They also have several updated Product Data Sheets for these products.

Great find man ^^^^^^^^^

And.. .

Finally....

Havoline Pro DS high mileage full synthetic !!

About time Chevron/Havoline...

Awesome... I'm going to buy it when I see it. This is long overdue...

I am liking the new qt container looks... Very nice look in my opinion.

I use the synthetic 5w30 and had it tested by Blackstone when I first got my used Subaru. The results came back great! I don't know how to import the test results though, I see there is a forum for that but I can't seem to get it to import there to post.
This is a great oil and super cheap too! Last time I bought it, it was marked down to $17.87 for 6 quarts of good synthetic oil!

4WD

Or the DS in PRO-DS is (drum roll please) … In personal recreation oil

Last edited:
On second look, the asphalt background is a little jarring and the retro scheme is a little too “Steelers” for me. Definitely reminds me of the old Havoline Sponsored racecars.

I do wish they offered the Full Synthetic High Mileage in the smart change box. I REALLY like the smart change box.

Still has deposit shield and no Dexos certificate on 5w20. All test were done with 0w20 looks like. If I were to run it again it be in 0w20 instead of 5w20.