Why don't more BITOGers use Quaker State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently using QSGB in my truck after using VWB and PYB,and I have to say it's my favorite of the three so far. It runs noticeably quieter which I really like, and it's cheap at $13.50 a jug at Walmart. For merely a few cents more than SuperTech you get a very good SOPUS product and save three dollars over PYB, GTX, or VWB which basically covers your Purolator Classic or Fram EG filter price to go with it. I switched from PYB to QSGB and even if the add pack is a little lighter on paper (aside from the higher boron content) it's definitely more than adequate still and I trust it 100%.

QS Defy seems to be gaining some steam around here among the HM crowd, and QSUD has some takers here and there but still gets overshadowed by M1 and big brother PP. But still Quaker State is one of the less talked about brands on the forum. So, why is that? We all like value and their lineup seems fantastically positioned to me in terms of price and quality. Who else likes Quaker State? Who doesn't like it for some reason? I wanna open up the discussion either way.

Quaker State is all my Dad runs but he's not exactly BITOG obsessive
smile.gif

My wife's car likes QSUD best so far, so combined with some sales, is what most of my fleet runs on right now. (My balt gets napa syn)

Even with some of the good sales, I still think QSUD is still one of the best bang for buck oils right now.

Uneventful, reliable result.If you hang around awhile people will ask the same question you asked about VWB and PYB. PYB is all the rage right now because of the PQIA test, check out QSGB's numbers you'll see it turned in a strong 2nd place.

QS is great oil in both synthetic and dino.

I'd buy it more often but I get distracted by stuff like a PU blowout at Pep Boys or NAPA Synthetic for $3.50 a quart last month.

I was tempted to pick up QSUD for my Wrangler yesterday, but the Pure Plus right next to it was more tempting.

I have been liking QS products of late! I like them for their low price and how they make my engines purrrr! It is noticable to my ears that QSGB and DEFY certainly quiet down the audible sounds of my engines. QSUD does as well but, not as much
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I like Quaker State. But normally I can buy Pennzoil or Formula Shell for less. I vote with my wallet.

Its the direct opposite for me in regards to PYB. GSGB is usually $1-$2 less.

Formula Shell is always priced nicely at Menards if you can wait it out until the sale.

QS products have gotten plenty of ink (pixels?) here.
There are a bunch of other good oils out there, though.
QS seems to be SOPUS's widely available value brand.
FS is not as widely distributed, for whatever reason.
I'm using Defy right now, I've got QSGB in a lawnmower and I have plenty of QSUD and even QTP stashed.
There seem to be quite a few QS uers on this site.

QS is just as good as the other name brand oils. To be frank I use QS blend a fair amount in the fleet of cars I maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back