why do you guys stash oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 3 Gallons in a 12 quart case. Ive bought all mine with my own Hard earned money. Still,... can anyone top my Stash? Or do I win? I may be a Newbie here, but I have been Stashing oil for a little over 10 years, the first 5 of which I ended up giving everything away.

I bet that there are some very sophisticated, frugal oil buyers with stashes of over 1 thousand quarts of oil.

What a sight to behold! There are lots of people looking for API-SL oils and Diesel Dino oils produced before CJ-4 came to town.

I doubt there will ever be a motor oil crisis, where shortages will send price skyrocketing overnight. Since the introduction of G-Oil and Next Generation oils, we see that motor oil can be produced in many different ways but the cost to manufacture these "Hybrid" oils may go up with demand....just like the price of corn for use in ethanol gasoline.

Add packs are the area of concern. With the shortage of raw materials from mining and the higher cost of producing add packs I feel that this is the element that will cause motor oil prices to rise.

I don't mind.....since most people rarely change their oil and the high price of an Oil Change will not take away that "Good and Warm Fuzzy feeling." People will still pay, even if a full synthetic oil change is $200, with windows washed and the interior vacuumed out.

Just keep the price of gasoline low and cut the high price of gasoline back.....people will sing and dance in the streets with happiness. The public won't mind the $200 Oil Change Specials and will pay....just for that good feeling they have after an oil channge.

I like to buy oil when it's on sale. That way, about once a year I can start a thread, "I've got partial quarts of 7 oils. Would it be OK to mix them with 2 quarts of xW-xx and run it for a 7500 mile OCI?

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: hpichris
I'm trying to replicate the oil shopping experience in my garage.

This is more true than funny.
What should I use next?
If you build a stash, you do get to shop your own garage.

Oh God, I do this too.
crazy2.gif

banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
I like to buy oil when it's on sale. That way, about once a year I can start a thread, "I've got partial quarts of 7 oils. Would it be OK to mix them with 2 quarts of xW-xx and run it for a 7500 mile OCI?

crackmeup2.gif

lol.gif

I too must confess that I have an oil stash which is now down to 60 quarts. Never had a stash before joining BITOG. All of the oil of course was bought on sale to save money. The strange thing is my wife has never noticed this large amount or what I think was a large amount. The other day we were coming back from some where and I mentioned I was going to change the oil in my son's truck when we got home. She asked if I had any oil to which I said yes I have enough for the change. So with that said I figure I should be able to increase the stash without any problems. I did notice the other day fleet farm had peak oil, 5W30 dino on clearance for $9.00 on a 5 quart jug. I may have to head over there and try that particular flavor.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
The main reason I do is because some little Irish man keeps shouting "THINK WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY" then slaps me in the back with a dipstick, and to this day I have no idea who Jimmy is or why he keeps hitting me, but the more oil I have stashed, the less he comes around....
wink.gif

Now that's using your dipstick Jimmy!

Foe some reason, I just get a kick out of browsing the shops for different auto related fluids and buying them. It's wierd... I thought there was something wrong with liking to buy oil, but then I found this place..

And then you made it worse!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Foe some reason, I just get a kick out of browsing the shops for different auto related fluids and buying them. It's wierd... I thought there was something wrong with liking to buy oil, but then I found this place..

And then you made it worse better!

fixed it, "ah", think about that.
thumbsup2.gif

I finally found a reason to stash normal oil. Its darn hard to find PU, so I stash it when I find it, but I am not a "I buy sale oil to stash" person. I want PP or PU. I can find PP, but PU is hard to find. But my stash is two or three 5 QT jugs.

I also stash some Amsoil stuff so I order maybe once a year, and thats for filters, ATF and gear oil.

I didn't stash anything until I joined BITOG. Then I read on here that Dollar Tree was going to stop carrying Trop Artic semi-syn so I cleared out all of the Dollar Trees within a 50 mile radius. That was about sixty quarts. Then I read on here that GC was switching its formula from the green stuff to the gold stuff. I was following threads where people were on the hunt for the green stuff, so being the boring person I am, I hit every Autozone in a 100 mile radius hunting down the green GC. Only got about 20 quarts. From there I started stashing Chevron Supreme when Kragen offered it for 40 cents per quart after MIR. Then Kragen had PP on sale for 99 cents per quart and I started stocking up on that. I have three cars, my parents have three vehicles plus two ATVs and a tractor, and my sister has one car and I've done the oil changes throughout the years on all of them. It also doesn't help that there is an Amsoil dealer setup just a couple blocks from my apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back