Why Auto-RX and not Amsoil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
I also don't get where you are coming from. Maybe it's me?

No, I agree with you 100%

Gary is the last guy I would get into an argument with on this board, he is like an automobile encyclopedia.

Everytime I have had a question for Gary he has had an answer, how can you get into an argument with a guy like that.

This board should be for exchanging ideas on automotive maintenance not for arguing with a guy like Gary who for many of us who have been on this board for a long time and is admired and respected by many members on here.

Quote:
Movie is very simple Gary and I see what you are playing as normal. You play the middle all the time.

I'm not sure where you're coming from here either. I'm rarely normal. I tend to attempt to see both sides of any (would be) conflict and weight the merits of each. I can't see what your goal is ..yet you still seem in distress without a solution to save you from it.

Quote:
I will spell it out since you do not understand it. No where does it spell out what grp3 oils (examples) for the customer to use. The common folk will not get that has I had stated pages ago. As "S' said, why is that so hard to understand? It is valid issues; that is all.

I got that from the beginning ..what I wanted to know is "why do you care"? You don't feel compelled to contact to Frank so you really don't want it fixed even if he'd do it. You're aware of the different base stocks so it doesn't effect you.

Now do you see why I asked? What is motivating you to find this a problem if you're exempt from it ..have no interest in furthering the business in success..and want no dog in the fight?

Quote:
Please give it a rest

You're not serious here. No way.
crackmeup2.gif

Quote:
So I need to contract Amsoil about there products?

They have a technical line for any customer question ..email even.

Quote:
You people think if people call out some issues with a certain product that are "hatred"

Not at all. It's when there appears to be no goal to the process that piques my interest. You find flaw ..don't care to do anything about it ..that's someone else's job ..but you continue to do it anyway for ..what reason?

I just want to know. No biggie.

Go in peace.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: sprintman
I also don't get where you are coming from. Maybe it's me?

No, I agree with you 100%

I haven't got a clue what this dudes issue is either.

really, the ARx website says "use conventional oil" on every page. what's so difficult? he also includes the synthetic is ok for turbo, etc just in case they fry some cheap 5W-30 or something

Really, the ARX website also says "If you insist on running a synthetic oil during your Auto-Rx cleaning and rinse application, I suggest running a Group III synthetic oil."

And I insist.

it's your choice but your mileage may vary. in the words of MolaKule

"I think BMWTECHGUY and Gary Allan stated it well.

In the matter of instructions for use, one has to be consistent and have as few exceptions as possible in its use.

Chemically speaking, I think what they don't want is other esters interfering with the ester mix in ARX. In other words it's like a firemen at a fire, "you onlookers get out of the way and let us do our jobs."

You have to remember, as others have said, that there are components in a synthetc oi that are polar and may interfere with the ARX esters. For example, in Mobil 1, they use Alkylated Naphthalenes, along with a small amout of ester, as "polar solvents," in addition to PAO. In Redline, the POE's would interfere as well. Same way with Amsoil and other full synthetics.

If the base oil contained only PAO, then there wouldn't be a problem, but as stated above, there are no PAO only PCMOs or HDEOs.

The only pure PAO base oil I am aware of is heat transfer fluid, but you cannot use that for lubricating engines or transmissions.

So follow directions and use a GroupI,II, or III oil for the ARX Cleaning/Rinsing regimen."

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]
Chemically speaking, I think what they don't want is other esters interfering with the ester mix in ARX. In other words it's like a firemen at a fire, "you onlookers get out of the way and let us do our jobs."

Good analogy, and people should follow directions stated by the mfg. I have a question though. Why is it OK to use A-rX as a maint dose with lets say a high ester containing oil like Red Line, or a premium oil like Amsoil SSO? Wouldn't there be problems? I'd be afraid to add it to any good synthetic oil.

The ARX site also says that synthetic oil is ok for the cleaning phase, but a group 3 or a conventional oil should be used for the rinse.

I thought a Group III was OK, but something like SSO or Red Line oil should be avoided. At least I thought?

Not all ester's are the same. When it comes to cleaning the natural ester's in Auto-Rx beat anything synthetic in Amsoil or Redline! Once clean though you can keep an engine extremely clean by running an oil with a high level of ester's!If some trys to convince you to clean a dirty engine with motor oil run away from them quickly!

The ARX site also says Oil as a has certain drawbacks. Oil won't lubricate through dirt, contaminants, third party abrasives, it will skip to next area of clean metal and lubricate there.

This results in uneven lubrication, premature wear and rotating parts early failure. It does not make any difference what oil or oil additive THEY DON'T CLEAN DEEP DOWN INTO THE METAL LIKE AUTO-RX.

After an Auto-Rx Cleaning oil can lubricate every nook and cranny of an engines internals.

The operating performance will amaze you.

ps. Oil can only have so many detergents in there additive package so it becomes do you want oil to lubricate where it can or clean with no lubricity.
crackmeup2.gif

Funny thing is every other additive that says it gets into the metal is called snake oil. Because how can an oil get into the metal.

The whole deal, postaljeeper is that the esters in Auto-Rx have a very strong attraction to metal (ask Molakule = trust me, just about everyone is about a lifetime short of his moxie on these matters). They tend to be stronger than the stuff that's formed on them. This isn't some 15 minute infomercial short take with a flame under a metal square or using a fish scale. The properties of the constituents are well documented over a very broad span across industry and not just the (would be) Mechanic in a Can snake oil realm

auto rx is a bunch of bolonga. jus like engine restore, slick 50, duralube,and prolong there is nothing going to rebuild an eninge or save it it only buys you some time to rebuild the engine. like medicine lastes only a certain amount of time and when the symptoms get worse the medicine quits working they write stuff and show commercials to sell those products they have to say something to sell the products.if youve got a wore out engine you need something thats gonna thicken the oil like lucas and coat the bearings rings so forth

when youve got something wore out youve got metal on metal and need something to cat them parts by gosh when that summer heat gets here the oil gets like pee when its hot

i think your confusing the actual use of arx. its a cleaner nothing more.

i have used lucas in the past for wore out beaters but i found delo 15/40 worked just as well. as far as the other stuff, i see no need in using it

The only problem I see with Auto-Rx is that its slow, very slow. But I think that is its strong point, too. I'm happy with the product and will be a continuing customer. My Honda just passed California smog at 420k miles with just the change of the original cat. I'm running Delo 400 15w-40 and a maintenance dose of Auto-Rx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back