Why Auto-RX and not Amsoil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RX is a work in progress and has been from day one. I'm 2,000 kms into a 10,000 kms clean on my BMW. This is the second consecutive clean with the same oil and the oil is far cleaner than it was first time at 1,000 kms. The 10,000 kms (6,200
miles) clean phase looks achievable at this point in time. The engine is now so smooth and quiet it's eery.

I just got 2 bottles of RX and plan on running it on my next oil change w/ shell dino oil and AAP total grip filter. My truck only has 27k miles on it, it had 22k when I bought it. I plan on cutting open the filters during the clean and rinse phases and posting pics.

Originally Posted By: chambers
I just got 2 bottles of RX and plan on running it on my next oil change w/ shell dino oil and AAP total grip filter. My truck only has 27k miles on it, it had 22k when I bought it. I plan on cutting open the filters during the clean and rinse phases and posting pics.

Great. I found ZERO in my filters after using it in 6 cars...YMMV

No saying it does not work for the followers, just saying I have yet to see it in filters.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay

I meant no confusing for Auto-RX new site which clearly states the proper procedure in using their product.

Really, so if I printed out the basic instructions ANYONE could understand them? ...NOT....

Everyone knows what a group 3 oil is? I agree with "sprintman" the directions are poor.

Originally Posted By: es350
Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay

I meant no confusing for Auto-RX new site which clearly states the proper procedure in using their product.

Really, so if I printed out the basic instructions ANYONE could understand them? ...NOT....

Everyone knows what a group 3 oil is? I agree with "sprintman" the directions are poor.

Not everyone may know that, but there's a list of approved oils if someone can't figure out that conventional oil is what they should use. I don't see why many would object. If they have a car that spec's synthetic, they should be able to find the list of recommended oils. I guess Frank could put a link to "recommended synthetic oils" in the instruction page.
21.gif

Have you voiced your criticism of the instructions to Frank?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Not everyone may know that, but there's a list of approved oils if someone can't figure out that conventional oil is what they should use. I don't see why many would object. If they have a car that spec's synthetic, they should be able to find the list of recommended oils. I guess Frank could put a link to "recommended synthetic oils" in the instruction page.
21.gif

I do not have a problem with them like "S" man..
LOL.gif
I was just playing the other side since he said "why is it so hard....".

My point was that, I cannot find any list of what oils are good at a certain date. Someone can say do not use amsoil but amsoil does make group 3 oils. To test this I asked 20 people I work with and got "Deer in headlights look"..

Yes I agree Frank should put a list up. But if this is so important one must ask why not done years ago?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Your right of ccurse, the people who know what Group III is are infinitesimal. RX will only ever be an enthusiast product.

I know we disagree a lot, but BINGO...The majority will / would never buy it since they do not know etc.

Originally Posted By: es350
21.gif

I do not have a problem with them like "S" man..
LOL.gif
I was just playing the other side since he said "why is it so hard....".

My point was that, I cannot find any list of what oils are good at a certain date. Someone can say do not use amsoil but amsoil does make group 3 oils. To test this I asked 20 people I work with and got "Deer in headlights look"..

Yes I agree Frank should put a list up. But if this is so important one must ask why not done years ago?

Oils change all the time and new ones are introduced often. Can you tell me why Castrol Edge needed to come to market when they already have a synthetic line that they just could have improved? He does have a part that explains what various groups mean...but compiling a list would require constant updating. Keep in mind that Frank is essentially a one man show. He naturally subs out his internet hosting and whatnot, but that's about it.

Oils change all the time and new ones are introduced often. Can you tell me why Castrol Edge needed to come to market when they already have a synthetic line that they just could have improved? He does have a part that explains what various groups mean...but compiling a list would require constant updating. Keep in mind that Frank is essentially a one man show. He naturally subs out his internet hosting and whatnot, but that's about it.

I agree oil change and need new oil testings (If API Approved). I do not care about Castrol Edge and I still have yet to see a list on his site. Please provide a link if it is there.

I was a Amsoil dealers for years and last time I talked to Ed in Tech, they (amsoil) update like every 16 months.

I also spent 20-minutes looking for Frank's list and I will not gain those minutes back in my lifestime! :)

I know a list would require updating. That is part of a business and maybe do it montly or Bi-montly. For his efforts he might gain new revenue. Depends on if you want it to grow or be flat-lined without growth.

In todays market you need to add value.hint hint

All right! We have links which I like:

#1 is the the below is flat-out poor. Give products bud.
http://www.auto-rx.com/pages/oil-grouping.html

#2 is when I user HAS to read more to use a product, most times it will be skipped (product).."KISS" is the magic word.

Who is wordpro. Why would anyone care? I hope people see the issue I can play all day with...

Well, with your both consumer and marketing expertise, offer sensible alternatives that are intuitive to you. Send them to Frank. If he adopts them, then the next es350 can put in his suggestions.

Quote:
Who is wordpro. Why would anyone care? I hope people see the issue I can play all day with..

I beg your pardon? Why would you "want" to play with this all day? I'm not quite sure where you're coming from
54.gif

Apply for a marketing post with Frank. If you can earn your pay ..Frank wins ..you win ..all the lost customers win. Don't "play" ..make it pay.

Well, with your both consumer and marketing expertise, offer sensible alternatives that are intuitive to you. Send them to Frank. If he adopts them, then the next es350 can put in his suggestions.

Quote:
Who is wordpro. Why would anyone care? I hope people see the issue I can play all day with..

I beg your pardon? Why would you "want" to play with this all day? I'm not quite sure where you're coming from
54.gif

Apply for a marketing post with Frank. If you can earn your pay ..Frank wins ..you win ..all the lost customers win. Don't "play" ..make it pay.

Agree with Gary.

I am a foreigner with english as a 2nd language and I can understand fine. If I don't understand it, I just read it a few more times.

Anyway, what is your motive? Just remember this, "there is no statue erected for a critic".

Get a life!!!!

Originally Posted By: JMJNet[/quote

Agree with Gary.
I am a foreigner with english as a 2nd language and I can understand fine. If I don't understand it, I just read it a few more times.

Anyway, what is your motive? Just remember this, "there is no statue erected for a critic".

Get a life!!!!

My motive is why would I take "workpro" statment as to how to use a product or even has merit? I just asked what is the proper oil to use and now turns into this. I just noted a valid issue.

Get life now? Sad, when you try and follow the directions (lack there of; but, from the guy whom made them) and now everyone is an expert. Or in your case , rude and some followers of certain products and or forums show there true colors.

54.gif

Play means, linking to someone that posts something in my eyes is zero. Play means unless you show Frank posts, Rick20 (Rick1), or other AUTO-RX mods, I do not care.

Thanks but I do not have time to "earn my pay". In fact, what does "I'm not quite sure where you're coming from
54.gif
". Pay me with Free ARX? I remember post 5 times and get a free bottle! LOL

I am sure a few of his followers on here will keep doing that.

Peace out.

I'm still trying to figure what your motive is here, e350. That's what I can't quite grip. If you've got criticisms of the product ..fine ...state them. If you've got problems with the marketing of the product, I'd suggest you contact Frank and make your objections known. Isn't that an honest and forthright way of doing this sorta thing? Sounds like it would be constructive.

Now if you're just posting out of some (for lack of a better term) hatred of Frank or Auto-Rx ..then, yes, one needs to wonder what would motivate anyone to engage in such activity for the shear pleasure of it.

Which disposition are you alleging to be holding now?

I'm still trying to figure what your motive is here, e350. That's what I can't quite grip. If you've got criticisms of the product ..fine ...state them. If you've got problems with the marketing of the product, I'd suggest you contact Frank and make your objections known. Isn't that an honest and forthright way of doing this sorta thing? Sounds like it would be constructive.

Now if you're just posting out of some (for lack of a better term) hatred of Frank or Auto-Rx ..then, yes, one needs to wonder what would motivate anyone to engage in such activity for the shear pleasure of it.

Which disposition are you alleging to be holding now?

I'm still trying to figure what your motive on myself is? You need to stop thinking, and a few others, with people cannot post something about a product good or bad. But.........

Movie is very simple Gary and I see what you are playing as normal. You play the middle all the time.

I will spell it out since you do not understand it. No where does it spell out what grp3 oils (examples) for the customer to use. The common folk will not get that has I had stated pages ago. As "S' said, why is that so hard to understand? It is valid issues; that is all.

This is what I do not get about you and the few norm on here about ARX. I NEVER stated anything bad, negative, "hatred of Frank or Auto-Rx".

You people think if people call out some issues with a certain product that are "hatred" or attacking it. It is as bad the people going to town hall meetings about health care (valid concerns) and the Dems say it is any American.

Please give it a rest. In my eyes if I (joe black) needs to contact a business person to fix their product, they did not do there homework upfront.

So I need to contract Amsoil about there products? No it is spelled out very simple.

In fact, I stick-up for ARX most times but I do not have blinders on either.

YMMV and I am done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back