Why all the Dislike for Chysler/Dodge/Jeep auto's

My friend has a 99 JC with 280k on his 4l inline 6.....it burns a quart every 1k miles but other than that no major issues.....for almost 23 years old she runs like a champ and still take it off-road up in Sedona. My Jeeps have never had a problem....I love my GC.....My GF traded her Toyota corolla in a new Jeep GC limited.....loves it....even with the stock 3.6 and 293 HP it as plenty of pickup on the highway.
In all fairness, the Jeep inline 4.0 is basically an AMC design. If they could have put port injection on the Chrysler slant 6 225, then they’d have had the longest lasting 6 of all time!

In all fairness, the Jeep inline 4.0 is basically an AMC design. If they could have put port injection on the Chrysler slant 6 225, then they’d have had the longest lasting 6 of all time!
I cant remember which on was the best the 3.8 or 4.2 inline 6......My friend in high school had the 3.8 i think .....it was so slow you could beat it on a 10 speed back then....but it always got you there and back.

I bought a new 2016 GC. It was the first Dodge I ever bought. I previously bought only Ford and GM. It rides great and has had no problems, with over 40000 miles of mostly city driving. It gets 5w-20 Valvoline full synthetic.
I liked this car so much that when it was time to replace the 2005 Pontiac sv-6 (173000 miles), I bought a 2018 GC. It has over 45000 miles, and has had no problems. It also gets 5w-20 Valvoline full synthetic.
I will not hesitate to look at Dodge in the future.

Both the Charger and the Durango have the 3.6L V6 Pentastar, which I believe is a completely outstanding engine.
Unpopular opinion: I like the 3.6 Pentastar more than the 5.7 HEMI (assuming both have the 8 speed). In average day to day driving the 3.6 feels more peppy, the 5.7 feels lethargic below 2500rpm.

The V8 definitely has a more pleasing exhaust note though.

I absolutely love Mopar and have had quiet a few without issues except for one and that was a neon. I mostly keep Toyota’s around as my daily driver but also had a bad Toyota. 01 Celica never left me stranded but burned so much oil it would foul spark plugs. Usually just #1. The car got to the point it was burning 1 quart per 100 miles. I had wanted a Celica for so so long and it just ruined the whole experience. With that said I have never had a single issue out of all the other Toyota’s I’ve owned. Even now I daily drive a 1990 single cab 4x4 and absolutely love that truck. Pretty sure I just ruined the alternator roll starting it with a completely dead battery. I had let it sit a couple months so I could drive my vacation/summer only 94 E150 conversion van. Shouldn’t have let the truck sit so long.
Just to add info on the neon, I needed front end work by 40,000 miles you could hear things clanking around like they were coming apart, then motor mounts then a wiring issue I had to chase that would put me in limp mode stuck in 2nd gear. Every Toyota I’ve owned has went over 150,000 miles before needing any front end work so I think the neons are just junk. Still love mopar but mainly because of their older stuff. 426 Hemi is just awesome!!!

Last edited:
Stellantis, the holding company du jour. It is not even a company just a bag of completely unrelated brands.

Srt jeep questions...big single tip exhausts (3.5"?), is that stock? Also, when did the concrete color come out for those. Encountered one on the freeway and curious.

Srt jeep questions...big single tip exhausts (3.5"?), is that stock? Also, when did the concrete color come out for those. Encountered one on the freeway and curious.

Assuming you mean dual singles, yes, that's stock. This is stock SRT exhaust:
IMG_0940.jpg

That's been standard on all the WKII SRT's, my '16 was the same.

The concrete grey colour (Sting Grey), not sure when it first came out, but it's been a couple of years now, assuming you are talking about this one:
iu

Are they kinda weak from a 65-70 punch? Dead zone?
Now, of course there's the possibility it was a fake, lol. There are a few visual cues, they have a different front clip, different rear bumper, the SRT badge on the rear gate, the air extractor hood, the big Brembo's and some other stuff you couldn't see at highway speed, like SRT on the seats and wheel...etc.

SRT:
iu

iu

Not SRT:
iu

iu

large-temp5f25d81c3a891.jpg

17006988665f29fe312bfe7421088827_640_480-c.jpg

Now, of course you can buy aftermarket exhaust that will fit the GC that has factory duals and increase the pipe size coming out the back.
hqdefault.jpg

357715a99184d95e71.jpg

iu

iu

maxresdefault.jpg

This is a V6:
49-46234f1600.1595521150.jpg

And of course you can buy complete SRT replica body kits if you really want to be a posseur:

I've encountered quite a few fake SRT Chargers around here. They always forget something, usually it's the brakes. They'll paint the callipers red but the size of both those and the rotors are way off.

Reactions: Ws6
Now, of course there's the possibility it was a fake, lol. There are a few visual cues, they have a different front clip, different rear bumper, the SRT badge on the rear gate, the air extractor hood, the big Brembo's and some other stuff you couldn't see at highway speed, like SRT on the seats and wheel...etc.

SRT:
iu

iu

Not SRT:
iu

iu

large-temp5f25d81c3a891.jpg

17006988665f29fe312bfe7421088827_640_480-c.jpg

Now, of course you can buy aftermarket exhaust that will fit the GC that has factory duals and increase the pipe size coming out the back.
hqdefault.jpg

357715a99184d95e71.jpg

iu

iu

maxresdefault.jpg

This is a V6:
49-46234f1600.1595521150.jpg

And of course you can buy complete SRT replica body kits if you really want to be a posseur:

I've encountered quite a few fake SRT Chargers around here. They always forget something, usually it's the brakes. They'll paint the callipers red but the size of both those and the rotors are way off.

It had a 392 or a SRT badge or some sort and sounded just like a 392. That kindof low rpm deep sound that stock srt8s have. Also, a regular Hemi wouldnt have even come close to keeping up. This one seemed deadlocked in his attempt to pass. It was dusk, so I could not see caliper color.

Of note, his exhaust tips were jet black, whether from soot or by design, I dont know, but they were not the shiny I associate with aftermarket tips.

Back