Why all the Dislike for Chysler/Dodge/Jeep auto's

Six months have gone by since the start of this thread and still no problems with either of my Jeeps, a 2008 and a 2016, imagine that. I must be one lucky guy!! ;)
The only problem I have is I HAVE TO keep the truck running to put gas into it at any reasonable rate otherwise it clicks off every half a gallon on the lowest speed, doesn’t matter the gas station. I could take it in, but eh… if it gets worse I still have 2 years and ~18,000 miles on my bumper to bumper warranty.

I'm staring at pictures of the new 2020 Tundra and will say both Jeep and Ram really know how to nail exteriors, interiors, and options. Just some of the best looking vehicles year over year.

In all fairness, I had forgotten two other people I know with Jeeps - one has a Renegade (no idea year but it's older and it looks beat to **** inside and outside) and it has been flawless (she loves her Jeep and talks about it proudly) and another person I know has a Cherokee (again no idea about age but she's had at least a few years) but she has not had any issues either.

The only problem I have is I HAVE TO keep the truck running to put gas into it at any reasonable rate otherwise it clicks off every half a gallon on the lowest speed, doesn’t matter the gas station. I could take it in, but eh… if it gets worse I still have 2 years and ~18,000 miles on my bumper to bumper warranty.
Here's something you can try, it worked for me and has been OK for a few years. Oops a problem I forgot to mention LOL. The only problem I've had in 13+ years of Jeep ownership.

Get a heater hose that fits snug to tight in the fill neck of your gas tank. Shove it in about 6 inches or so, then get an air blow gun like this: Blow gun make it fit snug in the hose and give it a few good blasts. I can't promise it will work, but it did for me. I also dosed the fuel with a heavy MMO dose
27.gif
prior to blasting it with compressed air, but I think the compressed air did the trick.

Check for TSB's on your Jeep, the problem might be addressed free for you.

I'm staring at pictures of the new 2020 Tundra and will say both Jeep and Ram really know how to nail exteriors, interiors, and options. Just some of the best looking vehicles year over year.

In all fairness, I had forgotten two other people I know with Jeeps - one has a Renegade (no idea year but it's older and it looks beat to **** inside and outside) and it has been flawless (she loves her Jeep and talks about it proudly) and another person I know has a Cherokee (again no idea about age but she's had at least a few years) but she has not had any issues either.
My friend has a 99 JC with 280k on his 4l inline 6.....it burns a quart every 1k miles but other than that no major issues.....for almost 23 years old she runs like a champ and still take it off-road up in Sedona. My Jeeps have never had a problem....I love my GC.....My GF traded her Toyota corolla in a new Jeep GC limited.....loves it....even with the stock 3.6 and 293 HP it as plenty of pickup on the highway.

I haven’t had good experience with the 2001 Cherokee considering the engine went at 108,000. I have heard nothing but bad from most modern Mopar owners but we have a lot of people that like them here. Personally I would not go near another one with a 10 foot pole. Everyone calls me bias but it’s just from my experience and when you know Mopar mechanics and salesman you would understand too. And since I started at the independent shop it has been our 3rd most worked on vehicle brand anything with a Mopar. 🍿. 🙂.
Sounds like more old wives tales rearing their ugly head. Nothing wrong with Chrysler/Ram/Jeep stuff. The 4.0 was a good, reliable engine also. Negligence will destroy anything.

Sounds like more old wives tales rearing their ugly head. Nothing wrong with Chrysler/Ram/Jeep stuff. The 4.0 was a good, reliable engine also. Negligence will destroy anything.
Well we for sure didn’t neglect it. It was a problem with the head from the factory on ours. Gonna put a new engine in it. Might sell it after that but not sure yet.

I had one Chrysler product that was junk but the others seemed decent enough. I don't necessarily think GM or Ford can really claim to be significantly more reliable overall, at least not in my experience. Our 2005 Caravan we sold to the in-laws many years ago is still on the road with close to 200k on it. They usually destroy a car in short order but it has survived longer than their last several cars so far.

I dont see the side of the highway with broke down Jeeps or Dodges?....
Ive owned many cars in my close to 64 years.....nothing comes close to the worse car I ever owned .....2001 Honda Civic EX ....which we bought for my wife.
I cant say Honda and smile the same time....I had a Chevy 75 Vega and it was a much better car than the Honda....and I had a 78 Vette.....Chevette My GF at the time had bought one used used with 20k miles....it would run a close second to to the Honda.
Besides my 90 Toyota Camry.....close second would be 74 Datsun B210.... miss those 2 cars still today.....best cars ive ever owned.

Chrysler has had some really cool and neat cars over the years such as the Neon SRT4, Chrysler Conquest, Dodge Stealth, Eagle Talon, and have had a spot for the XJs and TJ jeeps. Plus all of the performance options you could get over the years such as the SRT10 and the Hellcat and innovations such as the Ram Box and Stow n Go. the 2.7 v6 put chrysler in a bad image for me in terms of reliability.

I have a 2020 Jeep GC 3.6 ....Ive owned a Dodge Journey a 2016 4 cyl that i gave to my brother....and a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 truck 4.7 v-8. plus other mopar cars back to high school ......first was a 73 plymouth Duster with a 318 4 brl
I get why do you buy junk cars ? Ive owned them for years and never had a lemon yet....and drove them to 155k miles ( 09 Ram)
Worst car was ive ever bought was 01 Honda Civic EX auto my wife had ....Engine blew at 65k.....trans at 80k.....oh and AC went out after she gave it to her daughter at 88k.....we were in a class action suit against Honda and took years to get 3800 bucks back....thats is all we got.
Ive never had a engine blow or trans crap out on any mopar auto ive owned...The worst thing i cant think of is the windshield wipers stopped working on the highway in a down pour in the Ram truck once...
Ive read were people have had problems but ive never had one yet....knock on wood.
Has anybody had any catastrophic event with a Mopar?
I would say because for a long, long time, Mopar has finished dead last in every quality/reliability survey. Do you think that J.D. Power just makes this stuff up?

I would say because for a long, long time, Mopar has finished dead last in every quality/reliability survey. Do you think that J.D. Power just makes this stuff up?

Well they're #1 and #2.

Screenshot 2021-09-05 181615.gif

Back