Who's your favorite YT gearhead personality???

Vice Grip Garage is good , but I think he's gotten too famous at this point.

I do like watching Diesel Creek (started watching the church videos when he got that) , Watch Wes Work, SMA, Matt's offroad recovery and probably some more I'm forgetting.

Rainman Ray's Repairs
South Main Auto
Pine Hollow Diagnostics
FordTechMakuloco
ScannerDanner
Diagnosis Dan
Chris Fix
Samcrac
Rich Rebuilds
Goonzquad

That list is in order of importance of what I subscribe too. Rainman Ray's Repair is on top because of the absolute shear volume of content he puts out which is pretty much one a day if not two on some days. South Main Auto is probably the most technical accurate content for general mechanic and diagnosis work.

Goonzquad is on the fence of being deleted. I have followed them early on when they were doing their Jeep builds on their parents house concrete pad driveway out in the weather with just almost nothing in but basic cheap tools. Nowadays they have little relevance to me and their current content.

Chris Fix hangs on my subscribe list more for nostalgia rather than bleeding edge content but is still entertaining most times.

The ones I never miss:

Cold War Motors from Alberta
Strong's Garage. Fairly new and features a couple of guys seen on Cold war motors)
Jonathan W. Built a pile of rat rods and saved all sorts of different vehicles. He's been off on a big steam engine kick for some time.
Watch Wes Work. Not a gear head but an amazing high level pro mechanic with a public shop. Everything from Semi's to Toyota's to military trucks.

Now and then:

Mortske Repair
Restored
Vice Grip Garage
Chris Fix
Tyler's Forgotten Car Rescue (for old times' sake).
Junkyard Digs

No one has mentioned Robot Cantina. It's interesting as he makes it work, but all the time you are wondering who really needs this.
Last season was a 420cc Harbor Freight engine in a Honda Insight.
This season he's messing around with some drive by wire "upgrades" of an old Saturn 1.9L engine.

New episodes drop on Sunday morning and are about 30 minutes long.
I think that would be all I'd add to the list of others mentioned above.

Back