Who's your favorite YT gearhead personality???

No Hoonigan watchers? It’s always entertaining and funny. I hate how so many YT channels become supercars and unobtainable or unrealistic. Tavarish, Hoovie, The Smoking Tire, Adam Carolla even Top Gear come to mind right away but I’m sure there is more. I’m not interested in how to fix a million dollar Porsche or whatever. Top Gear’s best were when they were driving every day and used cars.

Superspeedersrob was at least funny in the past. Now it’s unwatchable

I stumbled on Rainman Ray and have been enjoying his videos a lot lately.

John Twist doesn't post much anymore other than the videos of his Zoom help sessoins, but he's an all around awesome guy and is just as approachable in person/over the phone as he seems in his videos.

Lately it's been Uncle Tony's Garage . He has featured guests you wont see anywhere else that have fantastic automotive historical significance.

Then Power Nation at times for engine builds - mainly just to see the dyno results on some aftermarket head/cam combos.

Since I am a mechanic, I generally don't want to watch people doing what I just spent hours doing ;)

Scott's work on the 1960 Plymouth is unbelievable. He also has some interesting cars come through the shop.

DD Speed Shop - A laid back Canadian who is the King of 4-door to 2-door conversions
TheZachLife - A little bit of everything, but his small oil well maintenance videos are of particular interest
ccrx 6700 That's Railroadin! - RR track maintenance
Jeff Berrier Videos - Steam locomotive use and care

Funny you should mention that one. Seems the YT algorithm has decided to push that one out in front of people. Not strictly car-related, but it did bring to my attention the 'small texas oilman' business that I guess I never really gave much thought to. I guess I always just assumed that most all producing oil wells are owned by big(ish) corporations. Never occurred to me that what is essentially a single person, would own a handful of wells and make their living off them. Oddly fascinating.

Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics is my go-to at the moment. I have noticed a lot of M1 0w40 and Valvoline Maxlife on the shelves around Ivans garage, so I'm convinced he hides among us on here somewhere! :ROFLMAO:

Seconded by Rainman Ray Repairs.

Did recently subscribe to South Main Auto but haven't watched anything as of yet.
Those are 2 of mine as well. Also DiagnoseDan, and ScannerDanner.

Andrew Camarata has awesome content of him working on his ever growing collection of excavating equipment. He also posts all kinds of property maintenance videos as well. Very humble and does amazing trouble shooting with electrical problems, and he never seems to get flustered. Some of his fixes are industrial strength.

I love finnegans garage as well, his skill and on screen personality are great.

South main auto has been immensely helpful and informative.

Goonzsquad was really entertaining in the beginning, I liked to see what two hard working young guys could do without a ton of special tools. I have to admit though the sheer volume of their content is too daunting and I fell too far behind and lost interest.

Previous posters covered most of ones I've watched. I'll mention a few that haven't been posted yet.
GearBoxVideo
New Level Auto (he's dormant now but has good content)
Virtual Railfan
Dr John Campbell
What Is Going On With Shipping?

Back