Whos running what in a Nissan Titan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading for awhile, first post here. I just purchased a 2007 Nissan Titan. I have always run conventional Pennzoil (yellow bottle) and plan to continue, but I wanted to post here first. Anybody here have a Titan? What oil are you running?

(yes I did a search first, didn't find a lot)

Did you check the UOA section?...Turns out your yellow bottle might be the way to go if the V8 is related to the V6 used in the Infiniti cars...Pennzoil conventional showed stellar results compared to some high-dollar synthetics...so did Valvoline Durablend...

Also I forgot to ask this. I don't want to go full synthetic, but I would consider switching to Pennzoil SUV, Truck and Minivan Motor Oil if it would be better for the big 5.6 L V8 in the Titan. It is a semi-synthetic, wondering if there is significant advantage of this oil over Pennzoil's standard conventional?

From http://www.pennzoil.com/products/motor_oil/synth_blend.html:

"Your larger vehicle naturally puts more stress on its engine, so your oil has to work harder. Pennzoil® SUV, Truck & Minivan synthetic blend motor oil combines the advanced protection of Pennzoil® motor oil with the ultimate protection from Pennzoil® Synthetic to provide protection against the stress of heavier loads. It is fully compatible with all motor oils and can be used occasionally or regularly for all vehicles."

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...part=1&vc=1

Seems while I was doing a search you decided you didn't want a synthetic...ah well the link above is for Pennzoil Platinum in a Titan...
cheers2.gif

Last week I bought an Eljer Titan. I'm really impressed with the comfortable seating and load carrying capacity. The back end is built like a tank. It's very economical too, achieving 1.6 GPF. I've run all kinds of stuff in it, and so far it hasn't used a drop of oil.

Have run Q-Torque 10w-30, Pennz Platinum 5w-30, and have Valvo Synpower 5w-30 in now. All have been fine. No noises, no consumption.

Quote:

Last week I bought an Eljer Titan. I'm really impressed with the comfortable seating and load carrying capacity. The back end is built like a tank. It's very economical too, achieving 1.6 GPF. I've run all kinds of stuff in it, and so far it hasn't used a drop of oil.

Good one Al!
Pennz conventional is fine. Pennz PP is excellent. Pennz T/SUV is being closed out at my local AZ for 1.99. Again a fine oil. Change whatever you decide on regularly, and at a reasonable interval, use a good filter, and the truck will still be running when you get tired of it.

Quote:

I searched the Eljer Titan...yes the back end is built like a tank...

http://www.eljer.com/Press Releases/Titan.jpg

Hey Titanic9. I have used alot of Pennzoil. Platinum is great stuff. I am curently using Valvoline Synpower 5w-30. I would recommend using a Synthetic. The Titan engines are high performance. I tow alot and found the Synthetics are best for the Titan V8's. And Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back