Who's Going To Watch Las Vegas With Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Red91
I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Stewart took it upon himself to build a safety team. What do you want to bet Harvick gets fined for saying that like Stewart did last year for dissing the 3 lug nut rule?

Tony has spoken out about it before when asked what he thought of racing in IndyCar versus NASCAR. If I were Harvick and I got fined for it I would go on every radio and TV show possible and blast NASCAR every chance possible. It would be worth every penny.

Remember a week after they fined Stewart, NASCAR changed the rule. Fine the guy then immediately change the rule and don't lift the fine......right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pit road has been interesting today, lots of close calls. The move Almirola pulled with backing up was a new one, might have been smarter to just go around.

Now they're going to fine Busch for speeding....that's not right in my opinion for this situation since the 5 had him blocked from entering his box.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Now they're going to fine Busch for speeding....that's not right in my opinion for this situation since the 5 had him blocked from entering his box.

Speeding is speeding. Another situation where maybe he should have done around. I wonder if any team will mount a more traditional tach in addition to the digital dash or even use a GPS speedo.

True...after seeing some of the pit road nightmares of the past I do appreciate them unconditionally enforcing the rule. To be fair he should have positioned his car to not be blocked out by the 5. Still, this pit road debacle has some issues to be addressed.

The BEST thing NASCAR has done regarding pit road safety has been requiring the crew members wear helmets.

I imagine they're wanting to be the only car out with fresh tires at the end, which would be good if they have a bunch of restarts like they did yesterday at the end. As I'm writing this here he comes.

Well....that escalated quickly. Awesome for Truex, not so much for Busch and Keselowski. Not a Lagano fan at all, but he obviously didn't spin Busch on purpose.

Once again Kyle Busch is his own worst enemy. Regardless the cause of the spin his actions are inexcusable. If I were a sponsor I would strongly consider revoking my contract based on his actions.

Who clocked Kyle, and put that big knot on his forehead? Blood was flowing too.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Once again Kyle Busch is his own worst enemy. Regardless the cause of the spin his actions are inexcusable. If I were a sponsor I would strongly consider revoking my contract based on his actions.

+1

Its not very characteristic of him prior to the Daytona crash, but sometimes you just lose your temper. I'm not condoning his actions, but he'll be alright. It wouldn't be NASCAR without a post race fight on occasion.

Ahh yeah he did push Kyle on purpose. He drove it in there Way to deep and didn't care if he pushed up into Kyle. Before this final incident Kyle door slammed Joey as they ran up on Brad's car. Thus why Joey cut Kyle no slack going into turn 3 and out of turn 4.

Last edited:
I think it was Jeff Gordon who summarized best. Something along the lines of Lagano didn't necessarily do it on purpose, but he also didn't try to not bump into Busch.

Anyone heard if anything has been handed down from NASCAR?

I think Jeff is wrong on this to a finer point. If someone drives way far into a corner knowing that the rival car will be on their outside, then they are certainly doing this on purpose. If they push off the bottom they know they will make contact with the outside car and have them to bounce off of and help correct their car coming off the next corner. If Joey had just driven in more normally then he would've been side by side with Kyle. Then... If he pushed up in the corner then it's much more likely not to be on purpose. Versus driving in way too deep and knowing that you are going to push up off the bottom. And I am No Kyle B fan. He's trifling.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of either Logano (The Twerp) or Kyle Busch (The Jerk). They both did a little bit of dirty driving on the last lap. Busch tried to use Keselowski as a pick to force Logano to back off going down the backstretch. Then Logano retaliated by driving way too deep into Turn 3, knowing his car wouldn't hold, but expecting to use Busch's car as a moving guard rail to arrest his slide. Logano is good at making other drivers look to be at fault, such as Matt Kenseth back in 2015, then he hides behind his big crew members when it comes time for fisticuffs in the pits afterwards. I don't think any penalties should be handed out for driving, because it was the last lap and they were racing for position. But fines should be handed out for fighting in the pits. (I'm always embarrassed on behalf of the sport whenever the competitors fight; none of them are any good at it. They just look clumsy.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back