Whole House A/C stopped cooling Trane XE1000

I am here in DFW and the Central A/C is broke!

Question to the guys in this area:- Are the house compressors designed to run 24x7 or they need to be cycled? I mean if the outside temperature goes from minimum of 92 to 109, in theory the compressor will have to run constantly (if it was working to begin with!).
They can run continuously. They use the refrigeration as a coolant. So, the system needs to be maintained - sufficient refrigerant, condenser coil regularly cleaned, no obstructions to airflow. Also, run capacitor has to have correct capacitance. Important but rarer issue: correct voltage and current.

Looks like correct voltage is NOT reaching at disconnect. Hoping that just bad breaker. Anyway, this is beyond my ability as a "guest in the house". The owner has called real electrician but who knows when (s)he is going to show up.

Back to this:-
I have good temperature difference between first register and return duct. 50 vs 80. I think I should not bother hosing down the outside condensor.
Ideally, the in/out temperature spread as measured at the evaporator should be 18-20 degrees. Too little means an under performing outdoor unit for whatever reason. Too much spread is an air flow problem through the evaporator. Restrictive filter or clogged evap. fins above the furnace. .

Back