Who makes these plugs for motorcraft?

2018 f150 142k on these plugs and although worn out very impressed with their lifespan and durability. These are not autolite. Any idea who makes these?
1112231036a.jpg
1112231036.jpg
1112231036a_HDR.jpg

Agreed. I’ve read elsewhere that NGK makes the plugs for ford.

plug whisperers may also agree this engine seems very healthy if they all look that way.

So should I skip the ford dealer markup and get NGK with risk of being counterfeit or just pony up and be done?.

I normally cross all my ford plugs to autolite and just get locally but these are clearly not autolite.

So should I skip the ford dealer markup and get NGK with risk of being counterfeit or just pony up and be done?.

I normally cross all my ford plugs to autolite and just get locally but these are clearly not autolite.
That would be fine. I put NGK laser iridium in my Explorer Sport with a 3.5 ecoboost. They worked just fine, they were however higher(10.95) at O’Reilly than the Motorcraft (7.95)were at the dealership. The dealer gave me the wrong plugs and I was doing it on a Sunday so I was stuck with whatever was locally available.

I get all of my NGK's at NAPA, never had a counterfeit ever. Plus I think there's a 20% off going on..

If you have an Advance Auto/CarQuest nearby, they usually have Motorcraft plugs (aka reboxed NGKs) at less than half the NGK price

I can get a SP-530 for $6.08, or the identical NGK plug (Laser Iridium) not in a Motorcraft box for $17.67

Shop smart, you'll save 👌

What engine is in this F150?

If you have an Advance Auto/CarQuest nearby, they usually have Motorcraft plugs (aka reboxed NGKs) at less than half the NGK price

I can get a SP-530 for $6.08, or the identical NGK plug (Laser Iridium) not in a Motorcraft box for $17.67

Shop smart, you'll save 👌

What engine is in this F150?
Its the 3.3 natural aspirated.

I'll start by saying NGK is my plug of choice, the IX line has served me well. BUT, I had a company truck- 2008 Ford that was due for plugs and they put NGK in it (no idea what)- barely got it back to the shop while misfiring soon after the job- so after two new cat's and a request to put Ford plugs back in.........no more issues. With Fords I have to think long and hard about putting certain non oem parts back in. No experience with LS plug sensitivity.

Lot of subaru guys running Autolite ir plugs with good results.

Don't know if aftermarket NGK = OE NGK,
though NGK Ir plugs are heard to beat. Not a fan if U.S. made "green strip" std NGK Ni or inconel plugs from the past.

atl-axp5363_xl.jpg

Back