Jinxing myself!

Just came in for a snack from working on our 3V Triton. Doing the spark plugs after 90K miles. So far I've got 3 Autolite HT-15's out without breaking any. The double dose of Gumout Regane (supposedly with PEA) for the last tank may have helped.

It may not make any difference but I'm doing these cold and filling the well with carb cleaner, breaking them loose a 1/8th or 1/4 turn and letting them set a bit, then turning them in and out with a light touch until they start coming out easy.

Good luck you might need it.. I've heard of everything from impact wrench, cold or warm
to what you are doing(probably the safest)

Most '08's I've worked on had the undated heads with conventional spark plugs. But I believe it was a running change during that year model?

I run the crap out of them....Pull 4 & replace, Run the crap out of it again....Then pull the other 4.

I should probably go buy a lottery ticket. All 8 came out intact. Sorry, Lysle, you got to stay in the drawer.

Pretty sure these plugs are the reason the has mileage had gotten so bad in this rig. The gap on the old plugs looks to be more than double the new ones.

The carb cleaner may have helped as you can see how clean the barrel near the tip is on the old plug after I whiped it off with a rag.

IMG_20240123_162716725.jpg

I should probably go buy a lottery ticket. All 8 came out intact. Sorry, Lysle, you got to stay in the drawer.

Pretty sure these plugs are the reason the has mileage had gotten so bad in this rig. The gap on the old plugs looks to be more than double the new ones.

The carb cleaner may have helped as you can see how clean the barrel near the tip is on the old plug after I whiped it off with a rag.

View attachment 200028

Go buy a lottery ticket, hopefully your luck will hold!

Back