who makes the best jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so a rather odd question but whay are sone good jean brands? I havent been jean shopping in probably 4 yrs. People have bought me jeans as gifts since but most have been off brands. I want to find a good pair and stick with them. What would you guys buy? I dont care about name brand or prettyness. Just want a good pair of regular jeans. Thanks guys.

Go to Costco. I got Levi's for $15 and the Kirkland brand for $10 fits better.

I wear jeans nearly every day for work. Settled on Carhartt as best blend of durability and cost. 26-28 dollars locally. Found I wore out most of the cheaper ones more than twice as fast. Your mileage may vary...

schmidt at TSC is good.. they arent exactly "pretty" jeans.. more like utility jeans. Similar to carhartt

price is 20$ everyday, or 15$ on sale.

Last edited:
I buy "Faded Glory" brand jeans at Wal-Mart for work. They are only $9 and they fit me well and last a long time. They don't look bad either. Several different dlue colors and black. Different fits available like "relaxed". They are very well made and a great value.

go to sears, get the dickies carpenter jean. dual tool pocket, hammer loop, triple stitched seams, relaxed fit. very heavy pockets, best i have ever had. . about $24.xx. it has a watch pocket that my cell phone fits. it is the ONLY jeans i have EVER had that did EVERY thing i needed.

Originally Posted By: callbay
I buy "Faded Glory" brand jeans at Wal-Mart for work. They are only $9 and they fit me well and last a long time. They don't look bad either. Several different dlue colors and black. Different fits available like "relaxed". They are very well made and a great value.

The Daniel Cremieux designer jeans at Dillards are virtually identical to several styles of Faded Glory. The rivets and button are different and the "designer" jeans have more tags identifying them as such but the cut, stitching and denim is identical. They are also both made in Mexico.

If they are not made in the same Mexican factory, that's a heckuva coincidence

personally i am a fan of Dickies. They Fit well, wear well, and are only about $25.

my only problem with them is that i can't find 'em in black locally. (have to wear black or khaki for work), so i end up ordering direct.

Originally Posted By: morris
go to sears, get the dickies carpenter jean. dual tool pocket, hammer loop, triple stitched seams, relaxed fit. very heavy pockets, best i have ever had. . about $24.xx. it has a watch pocket that my cell phone fits. it is the ONLY jeans i have EVER had that did EVERY thing i needed.

They are a couple bucks less at WalMart.

Wish they were still made here in Ft Worth. Still headquartered here, but made in Mexico and Columbia.

I've always prefered Levis.
These are the prototypical jeans, and they do seem to last a long time and fit well.
Lee jeans are also okay by me.
You don't specify whether you're going to wear these for work or just general use.
That would probably matter.

Levi 511s have become my go to jeans after years of being snobby and only wearing stuff like Diesel, 7 for All Mankind, Rock&Republic, etc. The Levis are comfortable, fit great especially if you are skinny or athletic, and durable. I also like their premium Red Tag jeans but much pricier.
Can often get 511s on sale at Kohls, much more convenient than Saks or Nordstrom.

Same here. I buy them when they go on sale in Walmart or Target for $12-14 and they last me typically two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back