Who makes duralast clutch kits

Buying a new clutch kit got me wondering. Who makes the duralast brand clutch kits? Any ideas or speculation?

Nearly 100% certainty that it depends on the application. Ones for Honda's or Mitsubishi's are most likely going to have a different manufacturer than Saab's or Fiat's.

Does Centerforce make a clutch for that application? If so I would look into that.

If the brand matters to you why guess on who's making the duralast and just get the brand name from someplace like rockauto or amazon? A clutch is to cheap of a component that's to much labor to replace to care much about the lifetime warranty you'd get from the parts store IMO.

If the brand matters to you why guess on who's making the duralast and just get the brand name from someplace like rockauto or amazon? A clutch is to cheap of a component that's to much labor to replace to care much about the lifetime warranty you'd get from the parts store IMO.
I ordered a Sachs and the duralast I wanted to see who made the duralast and see how it compared. So many people said they're reboxed luk or valeo. I don't see any marking that show that

If the brand matters to you why guess on who's making the duralast and just get the brand name from someplace like rockauto or amazon?
Because that means nothing these days. Bought an Exedy kit for a Honda a few weeks ago and threw out the throwout and pilot bearings which were made in China and bought Japanese made bearings separately. A few years ago that kit had ALL the parts made in Japan.

Because that means nothing these days. Bought an Exedy kit for a Honda a few weeks ago and threw out the throwout and pilot bearings which were made in China and bought Japanese made bearings separately. A few years ago that kit had ALL the parts made in Japan.
I put an Exedy kit in my Mazda a few years ago and it included Chinese pilot and throwout bearings. I read about folks throwing them in the trash and buying OEM pilot/throwout bearings. I think its interesting you trust Exedy to have the best clutch disk, but don't trust them enough to source quality bearings to include with their kits. Why didn't you just buy all OEM Mazda to start with if you weren't trying to save a buck? Have you ever seen a single negative review saying the included Chinese bearings failed? Because I looked hard and didn't. Only complaints I found were based on country of origin like you're stating.

I put an Exedy kit in my Mazda a few years ago and it included Chinese pilot and throwout bearings. I read about folks throwing them in the trash and buying OEM pilot/throwout bearings. I think its interesting you trust Exedy to have the best clutch disk, but don't trust them enough to source quality bearings to include with their kits.
The clutch disc was made in Japan. And Exedy isn't the one who is going to pull the transmission a second time when the bearings get noisy or fail in a few years.

Why didn't you just buy all OEM Mazda to start with if you weren't trying to save a buck?
I didn't think Mazda made parts for my Honda but have to look into that the next time. Honda discontinued the clutch disc.

I put an Exedy kit in my Mazda a few years ago and it included Chinese pilot and throwout bearings. I read about folks throwing them in the trash and buying OEM pilot/throwout bearings. I think its interesting you trust Exedy to have the best clutch disk, but don't trust them enough to source quality bearings to include with their kits. Why didn't you just buy all OEM Mazda to start with if you weren't trying to save a buck? Have you ever seen a single negative review saying the included Chinese bearings failed? Because I looked hard and didn't. Only complaints I found were based on country of origin like you're stating.
Too big a job over a $40 parts- I'll put a big name bearing in every time.

For a toyota truck application last year, looked for aisin- no stock anywhere, daiken gone, exedy too much $$, ended up with sachs a reboxed Valeo- I'm ok with that. And of course replaced bearings with Nachi.

For a toyota truck application last year, looked for aisin- no stock anywhere, daiken gone, exedy too much $$, ended up with sachs a reboxed Valeo- I'm ok with that. And of course replaced bearings with Nachi.
Did it say valeo on it I guess? This duralast kit doesn't have any names. Has a couple sets of numbers I can't cross to anything and it has made in China on it

Duralast on top and Sachs on the bottom. The Sachs has thicker springs. The pressure plates were different to. Sachs had 16 fingers the duralast only had 12. Either would probably work but for $150 more ill take the Sachs. Your thoughts? I never did figure out who made the duralast. There aren't any names on it. 🤷

Attachments

• 20230907_204840.jpg
    20230907_204840.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 51
Duralast on top and Sachs on the bottom. The Sachs has thicker springs. The pressure plates were different to. Sachs had 16 fingers the duralast only had 12. Either would probably work but for $150 more ill take the Sachs. Your thoughts? I never did figure out who made the duralast. There aren't any names on it. 🤷
I agree! The Sachs looks a LOT better and stronger.. almost looks like a copy of the Exedy (Daikin) clutch I put in the Civic! The Sachs pressure plate sounds better too, I'd say you use the Sachs.. No need to take a chance on that wimpy looking Duralast clutch!

Also.. what vehicle is this going into? I re-read from the start of this post but didn't say..

The clutch disc was made in Japan. And Exedy isn't the one who is going to pull the transmission a second time when the bearings get noisy or fail in a few years.

I didn't think Mazda made parts for my Honda but have to look into that the next time. Honda discontinued the clutch disc.
I did the exact same thing with my Stage 1 Exedy clutch kit. Used the Honda throwout bearing. They did include the Nachi brand bearing in the Stage 1 kit. But I used what I knew would last awhile. It was interesting that the new flywheel had the exact made in Japan Nachi bearing that Honda used. Same casting marks, since I know Exedy makes parts for Honda. Same part! $200 cheaper.. Nice! Been working very well, should've gone to a stage 1 a long time ago, I like the stronger clutch, easier to modulate!

Back