Who makes Castrol oil filters?

I'm working out town for work. I'm a DYI but circumstances is probably going to force me to do my next oil change on the road.
I'm in Georgia. Close to me are multiple Castrol oil change centers. Got me looking and I see their filters.

Are Castrol filters the same as Fram. it seemed way coincidental. Castrol oil filter numbers have numbers like CAS3600, CAS10060, CAS3614. Being a person who changes their own oil those numbers exactly cross reference to FRAM.

I for example have a Ford. OEM filter is the FL910s. FRAM equivalent would be the PH3600, TG3614, or XG3614.
The Castrol filter I need is the CAS3614 .

Are their different quality of Castrol filters? I only seen one number listed. Didn't see a premium offering.

Champion labs. Same base plate design as AcDelco from the pictures I'm seeing online of the PNs you mentioned. I do see a silicone ADBV on the cas3614 so thats a plus.

I'm working out town for work. I'm a DYI but circumstances is probably going to force me to do my next oil change on the road.
I'm in Georgia. Close to me are multiple Castrol oil change centers. Got me looking and I see their filters.

Are Castrol filters the same as Fram. it seemed way coincidental. Castrol oil filter numbers have numbers like CAS3600, CAS10060, CAS3614. Being a person who changes their own oil those numbers exactly cross reference to FRAM.

I for example have a Ford. OEM filter is the FL910s. FRAM equivalent would be the PH3600, TG3614, or XG3614.
The Castrol filter I need is the CAS3614 .

Are their different quality of Castrol filters? I only seen one number listed. Didn't see a premium offering.
Different companies often use similar model numbers to make interchange easier, but this doesn't imply that the filters are made by the same company.

Castrol filters appear to be made by Champ Labs, the same as AC Delco, K&N Select, and Supertech's ST- line.

FYI the 3600 series is longer than the 3614 series.

Assume a Champion Labs(Champ, ServiceChamp or brand of the quick lube chain) or Chinese/Vietnamese(Premium Guard/Ecogard) filter at a quick lube. Many will use Fram or Warner numbering.

FYI, Champ Labs falls under the Fram/Trico umbrella now. The AAP Fram Drive filter is like the ServiceChamp filters many quick lubes use - Fram baseplate but an E-Core or metal end cap element inside.

Are Castrol filters the same as Fram. it seemed way coincidental. Castrol oil filter numbers have numbers like
As tasch72 said, this implies nothing (i.e. the same company makes them) and is only done for familiarity. Supertech uses Fram's numbers too.

Last edited:
Call them and ask if you bring in your own filter that they will put it on if you don't want to use the filter they use. What filter do you typically use?

I usually use the OEM Motorcrafy filter. Hard to beat for the price. Filter doesn't concern me.
It was a curiosity more than anything. I didn't realize Castrol had their own brand of filters.
Honestly the price seems a little steep for full synthetic.
The dealership seems like the cheaper deal by a lot
Get the works package at Ford dealership

Just look at the Amazon listing for the specific model of interest. For the Honda filters the number is CAS7317 (similar to Fram xx7317), Amazon lists the COO and manufacturer (USA, Champ). Other models may differ but I suspect most are Champ, as others suggested above.

Screenshot_20210806-141719_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
Back