who loves their FRAM filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used fram extra guard for about 5 years. I never had a problem. I onced run 10k with the extra guard and castrol syntec. no problem.

I just bought toyota oem oil filter 10 for $40. no tax/free shipping....

I love fram product, but $4 for oem filter is dirt cheap.

i got that shirt for free for taking their fram challenge

I ordered a extra large because im usually too fat for larges.....
not this time, frams XL is big enough to use as a sail on a boat.

i still wear it but its huge.

I've been happy with the older Made in Germany FRAM cartridge filter...

now, I need to see if the Made in China FRAM filter, which looks like it might be sourced from Hengst is good.... at least it doesn't have paper endcaps now....

Originally Posted By: BGK
Their extended guard and racing products are fine. I have learned to stop buying low end filters from any mfg; just not worth it.

Not accurate, the Purolator classic is a GREAT quality filter for the money a real value. Not to mention a number of other basic line OFs from any number of manufacturers the Fram OCOD is the worst constructed product at the highest price, not a good value at all.

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Their extended guard and racing products are fine. I have learned to stop buying low end filters from any mfg; just not worth it.

Not accurate, the Purolator classic is a GREAT quality filter for the money a real value. Not to mention a number of other basic line OFs from any number of manufacturers the Fram OCOD is the worst constructed product at the highest price, not a good value at all.

Quite the opinion you have there. From other posts sounds like you just repeat what you hear elsewhere.

old:
43cb24dd.jpg

f81b8fa1.jpg

made in Germany. of similar construction to Mann and Mahle

new:
12aeed54.jpg

made in CHINA. appears to be similar in construction to a hengst cartridge filter (and they do have a plant in china) with the plastic end cap.

the Chinese filter is going in soon....

Originally Posted By: 91344George

Not sure if I would say WORST-that is reserved for the Ecore. Problem is, Fram is expensive for what you get-and getting made flimsier all the time (like the new baseplate)!

Just found and ordered couple oversize Frams from amazon with free delivery(prime) couple days ago. One is regular, another one is "racing" both around $1.50 and one eXtended guard(I believe older one, which is gray) for $2.50. Not bad,especially for tank(extended) version, they should fit by all descriptions, but will compare dimensions to my oversize P1s.

They came in today. Racing looks same size as OEM, extra guard is HUGE, like 1,5 bigger than my long P1s(not sure it will fit,but gaskets match) and Extended guard came in fancy "coffee can" with free window sticker(lol)and little wider than my P1,should fit fine.
I guess I will order more Extended guards for that price later on.

To the original poster and the first 4 replies. You guys need to quit your day jobs and become comedians. I was ROTFLing after reading the post and replies.

I have no problems with fram filters. Yes, I've seen a few bad ones cut open. I've also seen bad ones from almost every manufacturer.

I just bought a few Fram cartridge filters for our corolla and they are *very* well made.

Originally Posted By: webfors
I have no problems with fram filters.

Yeah, Frams get a lot of grief here but I drove a 1988 Toyota pickup from new to 335,000 miles with nothing but orange frams.

Bought it for 8800 and sold it for 2100.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Been using a FRAM 2qt filter on my 83 Silverado since new and with 213K on the clock I ain't gonna change now
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol.gif
shocked.gif
... all you have to do is just change the filter and you've done an oil change too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back