WHO links processed meat to cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Al
Subways stuff is very fresh.

The veggies may be fresh, but what about all the meats?

Jared says he'll have nothing but very fresh meat.

Originally Posted By: BRZED

Yes, and he's now at a risk of getting colorectal cancer, but for a whole other reason that WHO did not (yet) investigate.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

actually I do order the turkey on wheat with tomato, spinach, red onion, cucumber and a bit of southwestern sauce. I also have ordered the veggie sandwich on wheat. I agree tho, in theory, you could get healthy food at McDonalds of you ask for it. I don't understand your beef with Subway, if any place has fresh veggies available, it's Subway and its right there for the asking. And to top that off, whole wheat breads are available. Can you get whole wheat at McDonalds? My problem is, if I go to McDonalds, I can't resist the fries....lol
Subway's marketing is deceptive. That's why I give them a hard time. If you make the sandwich like they show it on the menu it's going to be as many or more calories than items they're bashing. Whole wheat bread will make you just as fat as white bread so that's not necessarily a better choice when you're eating it by the loaf. And the fresh veggies really aren't bring much nutrition to the table. Just not enough of them will fit on a sandwich. They certainly don't offset the loaf of bread, processed meats and sauces. Bottom line. It's not a "healthy" place to eat. Your seemingly healthy sandwich was actually dominated with carbs and processed meat. Just like any other fast food joint. If you can fit them in a sandwich there were not enough veggies to do very much.

The way they make the sandwiches on commercials, true, full of fats.

I agree, probably not on the super healthy end, but name me a better place. Your assertion that a sandwich cannot hold many veggies, somewhat true however its more than I can find elsewhere. Secondly, why so negative on whole wheat bread. Just because some people claim wheat is so bad does not make it so. Most of the world lives on starches and are not fat...

Last edited:
Anything is excess is bad. There's absolutely nothing wrong with WW bread, or even white bread. I normally buy whole grain breads so I'm certainly not negative about them. A big piece of WW bread, like Subway offers, isn't something that someone counting calories trying to lose weight should be eating very often.

It is hard to find good places to eat. It's best to make you own meals and leave the restaurants for occasional visits and not worry about their healthiness.

Buy organic breads so that you avoid Roundup in your food. The wheat fields are sprayed with Roundup a few days prior to harvest to kill the plants for easier harvest.

This whole gluten intolerance is probably due to this practice. In Europe and elsewhere people do not have the same issues with wheat as we do because they do not use Roundup on their wheat fields.

I love bacon, but I use it more as flavoring agent. Since bacon has so much flavor, just a little bit will go a long way in an omlet, a casserole, or in a salad.

You can buy "uncured" bacon with less chemicals that tastes great. The same with all the other stuff. There's always other options besides the cheapest mass produced industrial mess a company can turn out.

Originally Posted By: hatt
You can buy "uncured" bacon with less chemicals that tastes great. The same with all the other stuff. There's always other options besides the cheapest mass produced industrial mess a company can turn out.
you really fell for the gluten is bad bored housewife
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Buy organic breads so that you avoid Roundup in your food. The wheat fields are sprayed with Roundup a few days prior to harvest to kill the plants for easier harvest.

This whole gluten intolerance is probably due to this practice. In Europe and elsewhere people do not have the same issues with wheat as we do because they do not use Roundup on their wheat fields.

What whole gluten intolerance thing?

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Al
Subways stuff is very fresh.

The veggies may be fresh, but what about all the meats?

Jared, "Subway, eat fresh!"
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back