Who knows their Christmas Tree types?

JHZR2

Staff member
We cut a fresh tree every year. There are lots of farms not to far from us. We go to a different one every year. Just kind of pick one off a map.

The downside of that is that we don’t exactly remember where we have gone. Why is this important? Because I’m trying to find a specific type of Christmas tree and I have no idea what it was.

All the farms have the typical firs, pines, and spruces. One farm we went to a few years back had trees that had fewer, thicker needles, and a brighter green color than the usual trees. More like a concolor for I guess, but a brighter green. They were a specific type but I just can’t remember what.

Lots to go off of, I know.

Anything come to mind???

Noble fir 🌲is the beez kneez!! I think they are only grown in PNW but not positive. There are like NONE to be found on the east coast this year due to the crazy weather out west this year. The cost of trees is also way high. And selection by me (Hudson Valley Region NY) is sparse compared to the usual glut. I picked mine (Frasier Fir) this am and there were plenty of 4-5ft trees but few 7-8ft's. I got one of the last 4 7-8fts at Home Cheapo this am.

Got it upright in the tree holder and watered. Later on tonight its family decoration and just as important!! Spiral ham going on the smoker!

Korean Fir is relatively new and is becoming available at some farms in the midwest and northeast. It has thicker needles and can be a bit lighter/brighter in color, with somewhat silvery green undersides.

Last edited:
There is the expensive type of Christmas tree and the really expensive type of Christmas tree.

Types of Christmas trees:

Legally acquired, poached, environmentally friendly, flammable, nonflammable. Feel free to add.

We’ve got 3 artificial trees up in the house this year. My wife wants to replace one with a taller (11-12’) artificial and I’m always a Scrooge on the cost. I saw some prices for real trees this year and now buying an artificial doesn’t sound nearly as bad!

Back