Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving?

We gave up on christmas trees and decorations many years ago. It is a holiday for kids when they are younger.
Same here. I’m 71 and sorry, but I’m not doing this s!!t anymore. I do screw a red bulb into the porch light but that’s about it. Maybe I won’t this year🤔

Usually on Black Friday, finish Thanksgiving first.

Slightly OT: I was in Tallahassee on November 2nd and I heard holiday music on the Uber drivers radio which I personally get a kick out of but can understand ppl don’t like. There’s a station in MA that we picked up while on vacation one November and make that a tradition to listen to once it starts switching over to holiday music on iHeart.

Last edited:
1668204370918.png

We decorate one holiday at a time!! No need to rush.

The Christmas tree will never go up in our home until after Thanksgiving. I will put out the outdoor lights quite a bit earlier than that, when weather allows. But they don't get turned on until after Thanksgiving Day.

I have a friend from church who loves decorating for Christmas. She often has it all out before Halloween. Tree, nativity scenes. The whole enchilada.

Reminds me of my retail days, when it wouldn't even be Halloween yet, and they'd be playing that nauseating Christmas music 🤮

I wish I could put one up. My wife's cats insist on destroying them though, so we go treeless these days. Really sucks, sitting in front of a fire with a lit tree just puts me in a good mood. I hate cats.

My wife mentioned today she wanted to put a small one up, I reminded her we have a 1 year old who is hell bent on leaving chaos in his wake. I don’t think we’ll be putting up a tree.

Christmas decorations on the house before Thanksgiving to take advantage of the weather is a good idea but inside items can wait till the day after Thanksgiving for me.

We usually put up Christmas decorations on Black Friday or that weekend weather depending.

We are going to try a real tree this year. Hopefully the cat doesn’t knock it down.

Back