Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving?

I have seen some people on social media decorating for Christmas already! Do you ever put up Christmas tree before Thanksgiving?

I say no way! In fact we probably won't put one up at all again this year.

No Christmas tree is going up here before Thanksgiving. We are minimalists when it comes to decorating for Christmas with the exception of tons of expensive Charles Dickens villages that my wife doesn't want anymore and does not take the time to put them out. She does have nice items to set out for display but we do not do much with a small tree and we do not decorate too much outside. We have plenty of landscape lights that are on year around and don't need all that bling outside.

Yesterday I saw a Nativity scene on someone's side lawn.
I wonder if they were maintaining it (repairing etc.) before really assembling it on the front lawn. Still, too early.

What I see more is Christmas and Hanukkah decorations left out WAY TOO LONG. It's as if someone will be insulted if you take 'em down on time.

I think if you leave any holiday decoration up too long, it loses its speciality.

One season at a time, I say!
Part of the joy of the holiday season is celebrating the transition of one to the other.
Tree and decs go up on Friday. (This also gives me a perfect excuse not to have to go anywhere near a shopping mall on that day!)

What ever floats your boat....If you want it up..put it up...if you want to wait..then wait...

Generally that is our "Black Friday" tradition, put up the tree.

My wife's birthday is Dec 10 and growing up they never put out any Christmas stuff until after the 10th so it wouldn't overshadow her birthday. Her brother's birthday is the 28th and Christmas stuff was fully taken down by then for the same reason.

To each their own, but I'll chuckle at people setting up now. I get more bothered by the stores putting stuff out earlier and earlier.

We have a few houses in the neighbor hood that leave their xmas lights up year round and I get it it's a lot of work but a few have them on already and won't turn them off to March.

As for our house my wife's b-day is on xmas day so it's not much fun for her, I always make sure she has a couple presents wrapped in b-day paper. We stopped putting up a tree years ago since the pets like to use them for fun but she's got a few items she has made she puts on the end tables etc...

We never decorate till after thanksgiving, and we haven't put up a tree for the past several years. We have a real nice fake tree , but it sits in the box, as I am too lazy to assemble it. If the kids, and even more importantly, the grandkids, were to come for the holiday, We would decorate more.
Don't want to sound like we don't get together with family, just that we go to their house rather than them coming to ours. Don't know why, as our house is as nice and as large as any of theirs, but that is the way it is. Sometimes I think they think it is easer for my wife as she doesn't have to make the big meal.

Absolutely. I thought about getting some items out of storage today to start putting it up. Life goes by too fast to not enjoy this time of the year. We will leave it up until early February as well.

We decorate for Christmas on Black Friday while everyone else is going full retard at Walmart. We buy our decorations in January when you scoop it up for 40-70% off. We use a fake tree which stays decorated. We just wrap it and put it in the shed until the next season.

wanted to get the one from that Snoopy cartoon that looks like a twig but our IT guys already do that one.

The Christmas creep isn't so bad here. I haven't heard any Christmas music in stores yet, that's what gets me, the music, the trees and lights were being put up before Halloween in some stores though. I hang up the lights right after Thanksgiving.

Back