Who hijacked my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted here about what I call the short list of supplements that I am willing to use. And then people put replies in that wound up getting the post locked.

Please do not put replies in my posts that will get my posts locked up. I don't want to argue with anybody here.

I will use what I want to use and everybody else can use what they want to use. People should be able to discuss things at this website without getting into silly arguments.

I had nothing to do with the orginal post about the printing company and 3-RX. I replied to the post but I did not post that information.

I am not interested in posting anything about Auto-RX. If somebody else is interested in posting about Auto-RX please do so in your own posts.

I may stop using supplements completely except for Regane in the fuel and maybe MMO and/or Lubegard Engine Flush in the oil. Even Sta-Bil does not have to be used in the gasoline (just use fresh gas) and Bars Leaks is not needed unless you have a coolant leak. I have not used Neutra in years.

Like Johnny says supplements are not needed. He talked about just using a fuel system cleaner. He also in another section talked about how he does not believe in HM oils.

Pennzoil Platinum or even any quality brand of conventional motor oil, changed at reasonable OCIs may well be all that anybody needs. MMO maybe would be a cheap solution for older high mileage cars and trucks and abused vehicles. At least MMO is a cheap method to possibly clean a dirty engine. If it did not work a person would not be out much.

I feel your frustration Mystic. So, what do you want to talk about? Who hijacked your post, fuel additives, or HM oils?

I will participate with you.

Thanks Johnny. I respect you very much. I know that I can trust what you talk about because you used to work for Pennzoil.

What do you think of MMO Johnny? Should a person completely avoid any and all internal engine cleaners? What do you think of Lubegard Egine Flush?

Why is it you guys sound like a cheap imfomercial? Dennis The Slap Chop guy is putting you all to shame. The Grady is absolutely free.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Thanks Johnny. I respect you very much. I know that I can trust what you talk about because you used to work for Pennzoil.

What do you think of MMO Johnny? Should a person completely avoid any and all internal engine cleaners? What do you think of Lubegard Engine Flush?

I appreciate the respect, but it had nothing to do with Pennzoil. All had to do with the way my Mom and Dad brought me up.

I do not believe in harsh engine flushes and can't really say any thing about Lubegard Engine Flush. I don't believe in adding any Lubegard products to automatic transmissions. No such thing as magic in a bottle. My Dad used a MMO oiler on his 37 Chevrolet, my sister still has the original oiler in her garage in Texas. I used it some when I was younger, both in the gas and oil but cannot tell you if it worked or not. I never thought it was a good idea to put something that thin that does have some solvent (not much) in a well formulated motor oil. A lot of folks swear by the stuff and that is fine by me, but not for me. I have a good friend in Ft. Worth that has a diesel injection repair shop and his machining oil mix is MMO and STP. Best smelling shop in Ft. Worth. I can see a use for MMO in gasoline for older cars to be used as an USL, but really not in todays modern cars. Again, some swear by it, but it's not for me.

I'm getting cramps in my fingers now so I won't even start on HM oils.
grin2.gif

Well, I am not trying to sound like a cheap informercial, that is for sure. Since I am saying that perhaps no supplements are even needed (except maybe for a fuel system cleaner) I am not exactly trying to sell anything.

Perhaps we could start a posting asking the question-'Are any motor oil supplements of any kind even needed at all?'

Additives are not needed if the car has been maintained properly. They are a waste of money for me. Ford advises against using any additive in their engines. I trust Ford engineers on this matter.

MMO in my opinion is a good product if used correctly. I have used it with great success when my intake manifold went out. I ended up having a lifter that stuck and made a terrible racket. Thats how i found i had an issue to begin with. With the car idling, i dumped in a qt of mmo and within minutes the lifter noise went away. I immediately dumped that oil once it was hot, changed the gasket and refilled with half qt of MMO and ST 10w30. Ran that for 250 miles and dumped it. I have used quality synthetics since and have had no issues. I dont think MMO is needed on an everyday basis but it is a good product.

Johnny thanks a lot. I recently did some work on my car. The car now has new spark plugs, a new fuel filter, and is running really well. The spark plugs were supposed to last for 100,000 miles but I changed them at a little less than 80,000 miles. And The Saturn fuel filter was supposed to last 100,000 miles but I changed it at a little less than 80,000 miles. Plus the car has new coolant.

Other than maybe adding Regane to the fuel I am thinking of just driving the car with good quality oil and reasonable OCIs.

There you go. You should be in good shape to go. I agree with Billy007, if you maintain it properly, no need for extras. But I like you, do use REGANE every 5K.

I am sorry that you got the blunt end of the "debate".

While I think that AutoRX has its place.....I felt that it was over hyped on this website to the point of turning me off.
Before that, it was Lube Control and Fuel Power.
Now it is MMO.
I am sure that some of you can add other products to the list.
I am not saying anything bad about any of these products, or their owners......just about all the hype.

I hope that we can all read the first post in this thread, and do a self evaluation......
Different ideas are great....that is what makes this website a place that I want to come to learn.
It is understandable to feel passionate about something, but we can all learn from each other's experiences, so we need to respect each other's ideas (right or wrong).
Of course, I would hope that if I posted that I was doing something that folks more knowledgable than I (which is a lot of you) felt that would cause serious damage to my vehicle.....that one or more of you would pipe up and let me know.

As I have stated elsewhere, I have learned a lot from what many of you have posted....and hope to continue.
There will always be posts that we will read and say "that is not for me"......same with sitting around the barbecue pit and chatting it up.
Thank you for posting your experiences and ideas that have helped me to learn more about taking care of my vehicles.

I was following that thread, I share you frustration that it was locked.
It really isa shame when the Mods here lock a thread rather that address the Poster who was 'out of order'
without even offering an explanation of apology to the rest of us!

I do not know which thread it was......but it is not a unique problem....it has been a problem in a number of threads, so this thread applies pretty much across the board.
I think that most of us who post on other forums have seen this elswhere....it is not just a BITOG issue.

It was the post about my new short list of supplements that I am willing to try. I left out Auto-RX from my old short list. That is my decision-it is my 'short list.'

Some people started to argue with each other over stuff that had nothing to do with what that post was about. I wish that people could debate here without going insane with each other.

The more I think about it the more I will probably follow Johnny's advice and not use any supplements other than Regane in the fuel system once or twice a year. When my car is very old if I think the engine has become dirty then maybe I will try some MMO. It could not hurt an old car much-right?

I am trying to decide whether just to continue to use conventional oil or maybe switch to Pennzoil Platinum. I will admit that I am old school and change oil every 3000 miles/3 months.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
When my car is very old if I think the engine has become dirty then maybe I will try some MMO. It could not hurt an old car much-right?

I am trying to decide whether just to continue to use conventional oil or maybe switch to Pennzoil Platinum. I will admit that I am old school and change oil every 3000 miles/3 months.

I am going to make a guess since I have seen the Pennzoil Platinum do some cleaning as evident by how dark the oil has come out when using the Pennzoil Platinum. I am thinking if you used the Pennzoil Platinum you might not need to use MMO in the future.

I think if you stick with the dino oil that you may need to use the MMO when the engine gets older. JMO

I use MMO, in every tank of gas and also in my oil. It helps me get a little better gas mileage and more power from my engine. With MMO in the oil, my engine runs quieter and idles smoother, and cold starts are easier. MMO works for me, but others may not get the same benefit and still others may get more benefits from it. My truck is a 2001 Dodge Dakota with a 3.9 V6 and 5 speed manual, with 123,500 miles on it and is beginning to show its age, I guess. My old truck just plain runs better with MMO.

It took me a long time to try MMO in the gas and even longer to try adding it to my oil. The great thing about BITOG is we have the ability to discuss and post results about what works and what does not. I would not have discovered MMO and the good benefits I get from it had it not been for BITOG. I hate to see people argue on posts and get skewed completely off topic out in left field somewhere. And I pay no attention to the ARX posts. They always seem like someone trying to sell ARX and I don't come to BITOG to be sold anything. I come here to learn what may (or may not) help me keep my truck running the best it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back