white undershirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to pass along something I learned recently to all you BITOGers saving up for amsoil and redline.

If you are like me and wear an undershirt most days you will notice they turn yellow over time. Apparently this is not from staining but because the fabric is off-white but is dyed to be white. So I hit my shirts with a box of Rit "white wash" ($1.70) and they look much better! They do not look new but pretty close. Will try another dose or two of the stuff. $1.70 won't even cover the tax on me replacing my old shirts.

Nice! I always bleach mine with hot water. I sweat like a fool so I figure it kills sweat bacteria and whitens at the same time

Good to know. I've bleached them until holes formed and not gotten them shiny enough to surrender by.
wink.gif

Use Iron Out. Put a few cap fulls in whites only, with a dash of detergent. Hot water. Let soak for about 30 minutes once washer begins to mix everything up after its full of water. Then let it run its wash cycle.

Nothing works like Iron Out. Promise.

It's the anti-perspirant additive that's doing it. Trim your underarm hair or switch to something like Certain-Dri.

Originally Posted By: dparm
It's the anti-perspirant additive that's doing it. Trim your underarm hair or switch to something like Certain-Dri.

Yep. Every week when I trim up my beard, the arm pits get a swipe with the clippers too.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

Yep. Every week when I trim up my beard, the arm pits get a swipe with the clippers too.

TMI !!!!!!!!!!

lol.gif

In which order does the trimming occur?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

TMI !!!!!!!!!!

01.gif

there is a point that you need not cross in getting to know fellow BITOG'ers.. I believe you may have reached it.

I notice sometimes when I buy a multi pack of brief underwear, that they usually contain a white pair in amongst the colored ones.

After washing them they all come out clean except for the white ones that have some staining in the front of them. I do not apply deodorant to my private parts so where is this yellowish staining coming from?

Or switch from antiperspirant to straight deodorant. I sweat like nobody's business but my pits have stayed dry (and undershirts stain-free) since dropping antiperspirants (even Certain Dri only had a limited effect) and going with Old Spice High Endurance deodorant. Plus, no more white streaks/spots my non-white T-shirts!

LOL! That reminds me of an old, old Aggie joke.

How does an Aggie know which way to put on his underwear?

Yellow stain in front, brown stain in back.

I learned that one when I was about twelve. Aggie jokes are a Texas thing.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
LOL! That reminds me of an old, old Aggie joke.

How does an Aggie know which way to put on his underwear?

Yellow stain in front, brown stain in back.

I learned that one when I was about twelve. Aggie jokes are a Texas thing.

15.gif

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
I notice sometimes when I buy a multi pack of brief underwear, that they usually contain a white pair in amongst the colored ones.

After washing them they all come out clean except for the white ones that have some staining in the front of them. I do not apply deodorant to my private parts so where is this yellowish staining coming from?

Are you serious? It's probably [censored]. You gotta shake it better before you put it way bro.

I could've made it through the day without knowing that!

Originally Posted By: joaks
Just wanted to pass along something I learned recently to all you BITOGers saving up for amsoil and redline.

If you are like me and wear an undershirt most days you will notice they turn yellow over time. Apparently this is not from staining but because the fabric is off-white but is dyed to be white. So I hit my shirts with a box of Rit "white wash" ($1.70) and they look much better! They do not look new but pretty close. Will try another dose or two of the stuff. $1.70 won't even cover the tax on me replacing my old shirts.

Down here cotton is naturally white, I don't understand the fabric being dyed.

Black undershirts for me.

No pit/sweat stains. EVER!!!!

Hot girl asks: Are you a scum bag?

I reply: Do you see how clean my under shirt is?

Hot girl and I drive off into the sunset while rocking out to Danger Zone.

Curtains.

I soak clothes in a strong mixture of Biz and warm water for a couple hours to get rid of the off color. Colored clothes or white will look better. To really get things bright and white hang outside in the sun. I know that not everyone can hang clothes out side but if you can you will see a difference. I do not have clothes lines now because my dogs would try to help me.

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller

Are you serious? It's probably [censored]. You gotta shake it better before you put it way bro.

I SERIOUSLY JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD FOR LIKE 15 SECONDS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back