Which would you buy - Wix or Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming wix and mobil 1 filters were the exact same price, which one would you buy? Would you consider one to be better quality than the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would use Wix up to approximately an 8k OCI....more than that (like 10k+)...I'd go with M1.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
Id go with WIX. M1 just seems to have gotten flimsy over the years. At least, to me.

I feel the same. I would trust a WIX

Originally Posted by NHRATA
Assuming wix and mobil 1 filters were the exact same price, which one would you buy? Would you consider one to be better quality than the other?

Whichever one that hasn't louvers.

So the problem with the entire premise of the question is that the OP is asking people for their personal preference.

Reality is that either filter is fit for purpose. So all that's left is how people feel about one or the other.
Thus, the answers will come just like they are.

If they were the same price, I'd run the Mobil-1 filter.

Though... with the Wix filter being about half the price as the Mobil-1, I'd run the Wix. Run the Wix filters and change them every OCI.
Rock Auto sells the Wix filters at outstanding prices. My truck filters run less than $5 each in a 12-pack.
To me, it's a no-brainer.

Wix or the Fram Ultra...
smile.gif

I heard recently that Mann-Purolator-Wix took this business from Champion Labs (?). If that's true, you'll have to see what the post-transition M1 filters look like. The ones Champion made were certainly nothing special -- just the brand name "Mobil 1".

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DudeNiceRide
I heard recently that Mann-Purolator-Wix took this business from Champion Labs (?). If that's true, you'll have to see what the post-transition M1 filters look like. The ones Champion made were certainly nothing special -- just the brand name "Mobil 1".

That's interesting news , do know when to transition happened

I'd use either, similar media type description. M1 in WM is more expensive that Ultra though, so daily price latter the choice there. M1 touted more as an extended oci filter, post use anecdotes here have looked good. Standard Wix/Napa Gold, ~7500 mi with10k mi doable. If one is lucky to live where local Napa has Gold sale, they can be obtained ~$4 on sale.

As for off topic, unaware of reference with no citing. Wix now has the factory FoMoCo factory OF contract, Champ used to have. Other than that afaik, status quo to past, no relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back