Which oil next? Mazda skyactiv 2.5

Originally Posted by PimTac
Just get the 6 quart box. At the rate you change the oil you should get a oil change from the leftovers in no time.
Exactly....basically every 6th oil change free~~

Stickygreen

Do the 6qt boxes have quart markings on them? I have the oil changed at the dealer bc it's only $25 including filter if I bring my own oil, plus free wash/vacuum and inspection. Oil change with filter is exactly 5 quarts so the jugs are awfully convenient At this point leaning towards M1 0w20 EP with 7.5k interval for the next change. After doing some reading it seems that 0w20 EP contains a majority PAO base, which if I'm not mistaken, means more resistant to shear & oxidation than a Grp 3. Unless of course there's something special about the Motul 8100 eco lite 0w20...can't seem to find much info on it

Originally Posted by Stickygreen
Do the 6qt boxes have quart markings on them? I have the oil changed at the dealer bc it's only $25 including filter if I bring my own oil, plus free wash/vacuum and inspection. Oil change with filter is exactly 5 quarts so the jugs are awfully convenient At this point leaning towards M1 0w20 EP with 7.5k interval for the next change. After doing some reading it seems that 0w20 EP contains a majority PAO base, which if I'm not mistaken, means more resistant to shear & oxidation than a Grp 3. Unless of course there's something special about the Motul 8100 eco lite 0w20...can't seem to find much info on it
If you can't find much on it what so special about it the price tag? Cheapest I've see it is $32 and change and its goes up to $42 from there.

I have a 16 cx5 and 18 Mazda3 both with 2.5 skyactiv motors. Both are using QSUD 0w20. Cheap and readily available at Walmart. When I changed the 3 from its factory fill there was a noticeable reduction in engine noise which I (personally) found satisfying.

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Try some Valvoline 0w20. New formulation has Moly,TI,and Boron.
you refer to the new car one?