Which music artist would be your choice to come back

See Jim Croce named in this thread no less than three times. Maybe Harry Chapin to the list? Was he killed driving a VW Rabbit or something?

Gary Richrath, probably the most under-rated guitarist and songwriter of my musical generation
Gary Moore, IMHO one of the two absolute very best rock-blues guitarists of all time. The other is Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Phil Lynott, I can't even imagine what kind of commentaries Phil would write today
Leonard Haze, Joey Alves and Phillip Kennemore, I would love to see them re-unite Y&T with Dave Meneketti
Malcolm Young and Bon Scott, new-original AC/DC would be killer.
Steamin' Steve Clark...what would Def Leppard have done if he had not died so early. He was such a good guitarist and had real talent.

Last edited:
Eddie Van Halen

Kurt Cobain is hugely overrated. Sorry the guy is dead, certainly, but that's the only reason for his elevated status in the music industry.
How is he over rated, you're kidding me. He changed commercial music forever and is still revered by every generation since, what other music artist has had that impact after their death.

See Jim Croce named in this thread no less than three times. Maybe Harry Chapin to the list? Was he killed driving a VW Rabbit or something?
Yes, at the time (summer of '81, if I recall correctly), it was thought he'd had a heart attack and passed out while driving his Rabbit. Not sure if the heart attack or the crash killed him.

Just remembered (I'm old!)

James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon of the original Pretenders line up.

Best band in the 20th century AB** I Wore some Pretender's cassettes out in the early 80's!

Check out this music Vid:

Message of Love

Last edited:
How is he over rated, you're kidding me. He changed commercial music forever and is still revered by every generation since, what other music artist has had that impact after their death.
No, Nirvana's album Nevermind changed commercial music forever. It was lightning in a bottle, a good album for sure but more importantly it was different, and we all wanted something different by the time the 1990's got here so the timing of its release was perfect. However, their follow-up In Utero was not good. It's actually hard to listen to. And then Nirvana was over.

Cobain himself was no one of any special talent or songwriting genius, but he became this mythical figure for two reasons: 1) he didn't want the fame, and 2) he died early. People gravitate to and worship 'tragic' figures like that for some dumb reason. I'm not one of them.

You can enjoy him or anyone else all you want which is the point of this thread, but keep the hero-worship in check, please.

Back