Which Michelin from BJs or Costco ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: funkymonkey1111
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
BJ will probably have a shorter line than Costco. Costco is known for their long lines and understaffing.

Absurd

In major cities there are documented posts about multi hour waits for rotations. I wouldn't use the term "under staffed". They seem to use every bay they have available. The term "too busy" is probably accurate.

If you have not seen this during peak times (evenings/weekends) your CostCo is an anomaly.

Even with appointments it takes 2-3 hours every time (4 visits) I have had tire service at Costco.

They have indeed cut corners during and admitted to it claiming they were "very busy".

I go back to them for new tires because of their road hazard warranty.

At the two warehouse clubs I belong to Costco and Sam's Club they are both trained by Michelin. Actually I prefer Sam's now because a) they have a bigger selection of tires and brands both in the store, and can order online and ship to the store; and b) their tire install package includes roadside service coverage. And I know for a fact Sam's hand torques the lug nuts. Another thing I like is the tire shop desk is in the store itself not a separate entrance walled off from the rest. It is part of the store. You can walk around and check out the tires. They seem to be spot on with the balancing too. They do not use the "nitrogen fill" though like Costco does.

I will say this though, Costco when installing a new set of Michelins on the Corolla called me and said oops one of your studs broke off when we tried to remove the old tires it looks like it was cross threaded. Maybe you should check with the people who worked on the car last. So I said oh really, well I bought the old set of tires here too and rotated them here 5,000 miles ago and your shop is the only ones to ever lay a wrench on those wheels. Then I had to file an "incident report" as if they caught me shoplifting or something it was practically an affidavit. I wrote it happened in your garage, I didn't see it happen, I had 5 studs when I drove to Costco and now I have 4. Then they said well we don't replace studs. So you can break studs but not replace.

Well I went to my mechanic got a new stud installed for $57 and took it to the membership desk. The store manager not the tire store manager came over, and wrote me a check for $57 without a question. So they did make good on it.

Originally Posted By: wdn
And I know for a fact Sam's hand torques the lug nuts. Another thing I like is the tire shop desk is in the store itself not a separate entrance walled off from the rest. It is part of the store. You can walk around and check out the tires. They seem to be spot on with the balancing too.

all of these apply to costco, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back