Which manufactures still do NOT recommend X-20 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nayov
Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Chrysler and others I can't remember recommend X-20.

Nissan is still with 5-30 oils.

So, what's the hold up with not going to X-20 oils?

I would not generalize. There are still engines made by those above calling for 5W30 or above. They are usually higher end ones. 5W30 is still required in Toyota's 2GR-FE as far as I know (despite the cryptic TSB from 2006).

nThe n5w20 mand 0w20 are improvemetns within the energy conserving grade. There is little difference between a 0w230 and 10w30 energy conserving oil in the scope of things.

Originally Posted By: FrankN4
GM still recommends 30 grades.

Yeah because they can't make and engine that can keep oil in it. All their engines burn and/or leak oil.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: FrankN4
GM still recommends 30 grades.

Yeah because they can't make and engine that can keep oil in it. All their engines burn and/or leak oil.
grin2.gif

Sure, and Roles Royces as well as Jaguars still need drip pans under them on showroom floors.

As much as I don't care for GM I would not go so far as to say they all leak and consume.

About the year 2001 I was the Service Manager in a Lincoln Mercury dealership that took on Suzuki. Ford had encouraged us to change our bulk oil over to 5W20. We still provided 5W30 when required or when requested, but as packaged goods. Many dealers had both in bulk, but it was not in our budget to add the overhead reels, lines, and tanks.

We asked our Suzuki rep if we could use 5W20 in their cars or if we needed to use more expensive bottled oil. Much to my surprise, they told us that it was fine. I don't remember ever seeing it in print though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back