Which coolant do i use?

I'm the 3.5 Duratec V6 guy obsessing over the internal chain driven water pump failing.

I need a coolant. FORD says on the coolant cap Motorcraft Specialty Orange. I call my FORD dealer and they say the Orange coolant is discontinued and I should use Motorcraft specialty Green.

Fordtechmakuloco says use Motorcraft Specialty Yellow

This guy got over 300,000 out of his 3.5 Duratec V6 by using Peak:

I see a compatible orange Supertech coolant at Walmart for $11.00

What do I use? I want to stay compatible and use the Supertech also because it's cheaper and I used it on my other vehicles but I heard on this forum since I started getting anxious and began seriously researching stuff that this Supertech Orange is "Dexcool" and that Dexcool kills seals and gaskets. Is the Motorcraft Specialty Green also Dexcool?

How do I not get screwed?

Ford changed from the orange to the yellow. Specifically VC-13-G. Double check for your application. I changed from orange to yellow in my F150. According to Ford they are compatible.

I switched to the POAT VC-13-G yellow in my duratec. Last I checked it was cheapest at Rock Auto though possibly because shipping covered other items purchased at same time.

Be careful I have a similar year Ford.

Mine came from factory with Orange, I had my indy change it based on time "five years".

He put motorcraft gold in there, because he said Ford doesn't make the Orange anymore.

After reading documentation he should have put motorcraft yellow in there, as gold is an older forumulation, and gold is G-05 Zerex.

I didn't bother too much and just left it alone instead of complaining but I have the wrong coolant in my car.

No problems its been in there a year and is clean clear gold.

I switched to the POAT VC-13-G yellow in my duratec. Last I checked it was cheapest at Rock Auto though possibly because shipping covered other items purchased at same time.
Yes, Sir!! I also found RockAuto to be the cheapest. I like its concentrated; distilled gallons is cheapest.

Back