-I like this car because it's luxurious and it's AWD
-Not cheap

CTS-V, 50-60k
-I like this car because it's luxurious, has 550HP and has Magne-ride
-Not AWD

Nissan GTR AWD, 100-120k
-I like this car because it has 550HP and AWD
-Not cheap

What do you guys think? Don't you think the CTS-V is the best value car?

Please note that I live in Canada and AWD would be a very good thing for me.

Last edited:
Of those, I'd go with the CTS-V, because I think it's the best looking. However, I Chrysler 300 should be on your list. Available with AWD, a Hemi V8, and excellent styling, not to mention significantly cheaper.

None of the above and get a new EVO MR. What are you going to do with 500+ HP? I liek big HP but i will readily admit having had 275 I would never use 500. People around here dont even use 100 HP. Nobody. Luggards, ALL!

Originally Posted By: jupiterdagger

What do you guys think? Don't you think the CTS-V is the best value car?

Please note that I live in Canada and AWD would be a very good thing for me.

If you are seriously in the market for any of those cars, and can actually AFFORD the cars (not just trying to have bling while hiding a load of debt), then you can also afford a good set of snow tires or a winter beater (like an older subaru or audi or even a FWD honda or whatnot).

If I was seriously shopping performance, Id probably buy the CTS-V. Killer car, not as ugly as the Nissan, and more of a driver than the MB.

If I was shopping for an MB, Id either get an MT C300 (which I dont think they make for the US anymore, but maybe in Canada), but in reality, I'd shop for an E320 diesel. I'd also put the BMW 335d on the list.

I dont have a place for the Nissan. Maybe if I had way too much money and actually cared to go on the track and cruise around...

So a CTS-V plus snow tires would be my choice.

Thats a tough one, their all nice. Probably the awd though for me. And more than likely the MB.

Last edited:
I agree with Nick R. CTS-V from that list, but don't overlook evaluating a Chrysler 300 SRT-8 also. The 2011 redesign really upped the game with that vehicle. It was already mechanically superb, it just needed the styling and interior quality to match.

It's been since 2003 since I had my MB C320 so things may have changed. If not, I'd say DON'T. Mine was total garbage - worst car I've owned. Of the three I'd get the GTR but not by much over the Caddy.

I really don't see how this set of wheels ends up being a tradeoff -- especially the GT-R. My suspicion is that the best choice would be the one you like best. The Mercedes strikes me as a slowpoke in this set. FWIW, I like 'em all.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Also, BMW M3 should be on your list.

Only has 414 HP, and the style is just too common for me, I see enough of those in Toronto.

Originally Posted By: jupiterdagger
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I'd add the Infiniti G37 awd to your list also.

I don't like the look or the HP of the car enough to buy it.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of the new Chrysler 300 SRT8?

6.4L Hemi engine, Luxury interior, and styling that can only be called "cool".

Originally Posted By: AccordV6MN
how about Mustang Shelby GT 200-mph muscle car

Don't forget to count in cost of ownership (maintenance + repair) in 'the best value car'

The Shelby GT500 was actually one of my top choices at 650 HP, but it's a manual and it would probably get me in trouble with the cops alot. Can't drive manuals really, was raised on auto.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
None of the above and get a new EVO MR. What are you going to do with 500+ HP? I liek big HP but i will readily admit having had 275 I would never use 500. People around here dont even use 100 HP. Nobody. Luggards, ALL!

If I have 500+ HP, I will probably be taking it to the track a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back