Which brake pad and rotors are best for a Chevy Equinox

Element 3 calipers are coated as are the rotors, they are good, no issues with many installs. The pads are very good and priced right, I don't see the value in Akebono pads I have tried them and were not overly impressed for the performance/price value.
I'll probably end up ordering the EHT3's. The only reason I was on the fence is because a mechanic we trust recommended the Akebonos.

I'll probably end up ordering the EHT3's. The only reason I was on the fence is because a mechanic we trust recommended the Akebonos.
I also forgot that the rear of the 2018 got Akebonos when it was done last fall. Would it mess anything up if we put EHT3's on the front?

Akebono's are usually a "safe" choice, though all of the aftermarket stuff seems to be a hit/miss.

I also forgot that the rear of the 2018 got Akebonos when it was done last fall. Would it mess anything up if we put EHT3's on the front?
No.

Out of curiosity have you ever tried the Akebonos?
No, I have not.

Over the last 20 yrs:
Excellent - Raybestos (Advanced Technology & Element 3), Hawk HPS, Centric Stop Tech
Very Good - Autozone's Duralast Gold, Ford OEM pads (though very dusty)
Fair - Centric Posi Quiet (semi-metallic)
Awful - Centric Posi Quiet PRO (ceramic), stock GM pads (would glaze far too easily)

Last edited:
E3 rotors and Wagner OEX pads on both my 3.6 'nox and Tahoe. Holding up and wearing great on both in a salt zone. Dust is minimal.
Tahoe does a lot of towing also.

I've seen a few posts on this site with some people saying Raybestos pads only lasted about 10-15k miles. Are these valid concerns?
I had a good friend that drove like a freaking maniac. He was either full on the gas or brakes...his brakes were squeaking one time and he told me "man this car just eats brakes, I just got them changed 10k miles ago". It was a 2005ish Mazda 3.

Back