Where to purchase CV Axles

Status
Not open for further replies.
After more than 310,000 miles on original axles on my Mitsubishi, they're causing a vibration that I thought was TC shudder. I've heard more good things about NAPA reman axles and a lot of bad on Autozone axles. I'm debating the Cardone new or getting NAPA reman, since they're pretty much reman of the originals. Any suggestions? Experiences?

The quality of all parts store axles is inconsistent. I have Duralast (new) axles and they're good; just a luck of the draw.

Last edited:
Have had good luck with NAPA remans in the past. But now they're all A1 Cardone no matter where you buy it. Check our rockauto or raxles for high perf stuff.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
My local mechanic sends his out to a local rebuilder and gets them back in couple days

This is a better bet than the parts store reman shafts. There's a shop here locally that I've had rebuild a couple for me. Bring them in and they rebuild them right there in the shop at you have them back in a few days. You get your same shafts back that you brought in, so no wondering if they're going to fit.

I have used CVJ Axles out of Denver, CO (303-297-2448) in the past for rebuilt OE axles for my Camry and a steering rack for the Tacoma. All the products have been working well and the customer service is excellent. I have spoken with the owner directly one time when calling.

Both Napa and Autozone reman axles are A1 Cardone. In my case, Autozone had the better price and a lifetime warranty.

Does Raxles make one for your car?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Both Napa and Autozone reman axles are A1 Cardone. In my case, Autozone had the better price and a lifetime warranty.

Does Raxles make one for your car?

Emailed Raxles and Marty replied said they don't do them for my vehicle. Their shop is only 45-minutes away from me too, I was bummed.

Id get the cardone select shafts from rockauto and the timken bearing hub assymblies. Maybe do the balljoint and tre cause im there.

On my Jeep forum we always recommend Napa remans, but that's just been long standing advice, probably comes from when there was a difference. I have them on my Liberty.

I had NAPA units put on the s60. They were the most expensive but I've been pleased with them so far. IF they are all A1 Cardone now, I wonder if NAPA has some sort of agreement for their "best picks" or some such?

-m

I know a few people running Autozone CV shafts in their Jeeps with 35'' tires. One broke after ripping a boot and crossing through a stream. Really surprised with how well they work. I'm a fan of the autozone ones.

For a 312k mile old Mitsu, I'd go for the absolute cheapest. I remember some all-new-parts, not re-man, cheap Cardone from years ago, I think RockAuto.com but I'd also see if Amazon.com had something for CHEAP.

Wow, cheap at RockAuto.com http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mitsubishi,1999,galant,3.0l+v6,1356689,drivetrain,cv+half+shaft+assembly,2288

It's funny that you talk about 'axle's in NA, what you have is a driveshaft with a CV joint on each end. A CV joint&boot kit cost £10 to £20 max and takes half and hour at most to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back