Where to get a UOA

I had a UOA done by Blackstone a couple years ago, I'm looking to have another one done, since I just had my water pump and timing chains done on a 3.5 Ford Edge last spring, so I figured I see how everything looks. Who do you all recommend, is there anything cheaper than Blackstone? That still check, fuel, water and TBN?
Thank you..

local honey do auto parts stores like O Reilly's and such usually have UOA kits available. if you cant find anything else

This is the one I've been getting lately:

If you buy 3 or more you get the best price per, because shipping is a flat rate. I calculated
$48.78 for 1 including tax and shipping
$43.79 each when you buy 2
$38.79 each when you buy 3 or more.

You get gas chromatography for fuel%, TBN and oxidation/nitration.

For reference, Blackstone charges $35 without TBN and $45 with TBN. They do not use gas chromatography so your fuel% will not be as accurate. They also do not include oxidation/nitration in that cost, but they do include Universal Averages for your engine type, which is a nice benchmark to compare your engine's results to.

Does the oil analysis through Amsoil, come in, a prepaid box or do you have to send the sample bottle through the mail.. like Blackstone's?

Does the oil analysis through Amsoil, come in, a prepaid box or do you have to send the sample bottle through the mail.. like Blackstone's?

Depending on how you purchase it it can come pre paid or not. They come with a bag to return in, like Blackstone (they now send a tyvek bag)

I stopped at my NAPA store he's confused.. he's never even heard of it. LMAO 🤣🤣 I did see them on Amazon..
It's in his NAPA catalogue if he knew how to look. I've gotten them from both NAPA and Amazon. I've gotten them for $12 before.

Back