2013 Ford Edge 3.5, Mobil 1 UOA

That sounds odd, I have the TBN on my Wix reports, not the TAN. Maybe you get TAN if you check the gear oil box instead of engine oil?

That sounds odd, I have the TBN on my Wix reports, not the TAN. Maybe you get TAN if you check the gear oil box instead of engine oil?

I talked to the guy.. he knew what I was talking about. And it said on the paperwork, what oil I was using, and what grade of oil..

Maybe he knew they messed up and was trying to get away with it 😂

I mailed a Wix report on Monday (as my previous one were older than a year), will see if it comes back with TAN or TBN. As a basic oil analysis like that I'd rather get TBN than TAN, for engine oil.

Maybe he knew they messed up and was trying to get away with it 😂

I mailed a Wix report on Monday (as my previous one were older than a year), will see if it comes back with TAN or TBN. As a basic oil analysis like that I'd rather get TBN than TAN, for engine oil.
So would I, if you Google it, there is some other companies that give TAN's as well instead of TBN's I'm going to send another one out, maybe next summer or something. He was also saying, when you jump from oil to oil, you tend to stir up copper. Cause I asked him about staying with the same oil. I've never heard of that..

Back