Where to get 18650 battery pack + BMS board?

I have a Black & Decker 20v handheld vacuum with a battery module made of 5x 18650 + BMS. The LG cell it uses only have 150 charge cycle life and run time is getting worse and worse. Anyone know where I can find assembled lithium battery pack with bms that along this config? Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can't use it, as B&D designed the vacuum battery unrepairable, with 5 cells spot welded with nickel strip along side a BMS. I don't have a spot welder so swapping cells is no-go. The closest thing I can imagine would be some kind of RC plane/car battery pack with bare lead.
The battery is sealed in the vacuum, You can’t buy a replacement?

I have a Black & Decker 20v handheld vacuum with a battery module made of 5x 18650 + BMS. The LG cell it uses only have 150 charge cycle life and run time is getting worse and worse. Anyone know where I can find assembled lithium battery pack with bms that along this config? Thanks.
Batteries plus. I had a dustbuster years ago and the local batteries plus pulled out the batteries which were encased in a plastic housing. They put new batteries in and it works great.

Unfortunately, I can't use it, as B&D designed the vacuum battery unrepairable, with 5 cells spot welded with nickel strip along side a BMS. I don't have a spot welder so swapping cells is no-go. The closest thing I can imagine would be some kind of RC plane/car battery pack with bare lead.
That may be a good plan if you can get past clunky integration.

The folks I have developing batteries build their own stuff from components. It’s doable with experience. My stuff is way higher voltage though.

RC car, drones, etc. would probably work, but using a charger that actually balances and measures the cells. Unfortunately that level of stuff is probably expensive enough that the disposable nature of stuff strikes again.

Back