Where to find denso made in japan ac compressor

On your existing one it looks like a much longer distance from the front bolt to the belt. The pulley assembly is different. I don't know if you could buy compressor without clutch and pulley and reuse yours.

The square plate on top is a blank plate which would be removed and discarded then attach the existing adapter piece between the lines and the compressor. That part turns the flow to go from the top to forward. It looks like it could fit.
so which one you think would fit?
the delphi or the denso?

The rock auto picture could be a worthless stock photo. No one can tell from looking at an online description what will interchange. To make things more complex, the exact same part can have 2 different numbers based on country of origin or factory build location or whatever. Given your working on a JDM car, I think your going to need to find a JDM part number - then maybe someone in the US can cross it or order it for you.

As much as I hate Chinese parts, if your mechanic found that it can fit - that might be your best option anyway.

What countries did this car get shipped to - Japan only - or were there any English speaking countries like UK or Australia. You could try some Toyota forums in those places if they exist - maybe someone is willing to help.

yes it got shipped to UK not sure about australia. i called uk a/c places and gave them my rollas specs and they said they didnt have any compressors for a vehicle that old. i think i found one place offering a mahle compressor.

You live in Nicaragua. Shipping from rockauto.com etc will be expensive. I suggest getting whatever fits locally. Maybe pull the pump and check the numbers

it costs like usd 2.50 a pound from usa to central america. the ac compressor weigs like 17 pounds so usd 42.50 for shipping here; so a little more for more quality. the new uac ac compressor here costs usd 138 with zero warranty; while the new delphi ac compressor comes with warrant for around usd242

If your new compressor fails, I would be very surprised if you get warranty coverage on it considering the steps you need to go through with cleaning the system after a failure and prior to replacement.

Denso may have made these in Japan when new. They may have even made extra, to supply parts, for a while.

They could have moved their tooling to China or Thailand. They're still running the show, and still making quality parts.

I would buy what's most guaranteed to fit-- Denso brand first, your mechanic's favorite second. Any cobbling you'd be doing, and it sounds like quite a bit, will reduce the reliability of the Denso part to a point lower than whatever generic or used part you can source.

I wouldn't fiddle around with switching pulleys or hoping that with/ without power steering matters. For all we know the compressor uses the PS pump's bolt pattern unless there's PS, then is sits somewhere completely different with a different bolt pattern.

BITOG is a US-central site. We can help, but only so much.

I found a guy who repairs a/c compressors. he says he replaces gaskets, seals, and oil for usd 90 and he guarantees it works upon installation.

Back