Where to find denso made in japan ac compressor

Toyota part number is 88320-12610 which is discontinued. What would be the equivalent denso part number?
https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/need-help-with-ce95-awd-diesel-parts-info.1657778/post-14076234

This post from another forum says:
"88320-12610 diesel vs gas same year 88320-12720
Good bet there the same unit"

If you click on the Denso for Japan built cars on rockauto, it has 88320-12720 under the compatible part# but not 88320-12610

I wonder if they really are the same?

He's trying to buy from Rock Auto and is discussing prices in dollars, so I'm guessing North America.

According to the chassis number/VIN number he posted, CE is Benin.

Then again, who knows? I still wouldn’t pay hundreds of dollars for a air conditioner compressor on a 30 plus year old Corolla.

And to clarify, a car assembled in Benin Africa would not be destined for the Japan domestic market. That would be a Sprinter as they were called there and would be assembled in a Japan assembly plant.

And to clarify, a car assembled in Benin Africa would not be destined for the Japan domestic market. That would be a Sprinter as they were called there and would be assembled in a Japan assembly plant.
Agreed, and there seems to be some confusion going on in the thread over the COO for the vehicle as compared to the COO for the compressor. The title says made in Japan compressor, but then it switches to where the vehicle was assembled.

According to the chassis number/VIN number he posted, CE is Benin.

Then again, who knows? I still wouldn’t pay hundreds of dollars for a air conditioner compressor on a 30 plus year old Corolla.
ce900056582

Japan doesn't use the standard 17-digit VIN number for their JDM cars.

Rather, they use their own numbering system, unique to each manufacturer.
In this case, the C is the Toyota C engine (probably the 1C)
E90 is the chassis code (E is used for all generations of Corolla, the E90 is that generation; the current Corolla is E210)

C E90 0056582

If another C engine had been available on the E90 generation, for example, the 2C-T, it would be a slightly different chassis number, for example CE98 or something

If the car had originally been sold outside Japan, it would have a regular 17-digit VIN starting with JT like all Toyotas exported from Japan.

OP has a wrong hand drive JDM import with an engine never sold in any export market except europe. These cars are very rare, the vast majority of old corollas on the road have the A engine.

Last edited:
https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyopressor~assy~cooler~88320-1225 toyota 88320-12250 fits the e80 1c corolla. Would it fit the e90 1c corolla?

Toyotapartsdeal says that 88320 12250 is replaced by 88320 12250-84. Is this is a remanufactured compressor?

Is a new compressor better than a remanufactured compressor?

There is also a denso 471-0430 which crossreferences with toyota 88320-12250. This denso 4710430 is remanufactured.

Here are pics of actual compressor installed on the vehicle
20210225_122651.jpg
20210225_123207.jpg

Perhaps an adaptation from a new not remanufactured denso 4711241 from gasoline corolla can be made?

Last edited:
I know the topic is more about which part for which configuration for the market it was sold, but it's should be pointed out that when you buy a Denso genuine product, it doesn't matter much which country is was made in. Sometimes, the design will change to make it cheaper to produce (like Toyota Denso oil filters, which are cheaper to produce with the new design but still top quality) but the reliability of the part is still Denso. Denso has established themselves as one of the best parts suppliers in the auto industry for decades, and will likely not settle for anything that ruins that reputation.

OP has a wrong hand drive JDM import with an engine never sold in any export market except europe. These cars are very rare, the vast majority of old corollas on the road have the A engine.

OP - I messaged Impex Japan and they confirmed what 2EHA's link said, the part is discontinued.

They did say they can order it used / rebuilt for around $300USD.

If you can't find another alternative or someone local to fix it:

https://en.impex-jp.com/parts/used/0b8f4107640749e652f5f62a5cf99fe4.html
This one doesn't seem to have a core return

https://en.impex-jp.com/parts/used/24ec6a0540ab12e4f4b4dd895caee6d2.html
This one has a core return. If you ask them, maybe they can get the vendor to make an exception

i wonder which website has more original denso compressors rockauto or amazon?
for the denso.
also would the nissens made in usa compressor offer better quality than the denso compressor?

the compressor that supposedly applies to japan built corollas has denso part number
DENSO 4711241

The only visible difference between the two Denso photos on Rockauto seems to be the location of the wiring connector. Also, way down at the bottom of the "info" page for each part, there is a list of compatible part numbers. Maybe that will help if you haven't seen it yet.

It's my understanding that Rockauto does not actually stock parts. Instead, they have parts sent directly from other retailers. Even if they did have a contact address or number, they probably couldn't answer your questions.

Regarding the Nissens compressor, I think "USA built" in the description refers to the car, not the part itself. But, oddly enough, the wiring connector on that one seems to match the USA model Denso.

I wish you the best of luck.

so the original denso ac compressor on the 90 rolla doesnt work according to the a/c guy. he disconeccted the ac inlet lines on ac compressor and turned the clutch and i put my finger on the holes of the ac compressor and it didnt suck or expulse air.
he offered me a uac chinese a/c compressor. i thought though of the denso a/c compressor for the gas engine and wonder if it can get adapted to the diesel rolla. another possible option i see on rock auto for the 1985 toyota corolla which did get a diesel engine so i would imagine the ac compressor probably would work good as my rolla has the same engine a delphi ac compressor

1670035927301.png

only thing though it says manual steering but my rolla has power steering. the ac guy said i think that he could place the pulley from the old denso compressor on the new compressor; could this get done?

delphi ac compressor spec:
1670036076220.png

what do you think of the delphi?

would the denso for the gas engine get a chance to find itself adapted:

1670036249973.png

on the old denso ac compressor the ac lines enter from the side and on this denso it looks like they enter from the top; i wonder if this would cause an issue?

On your existing one it looks like a much longer distance from the front bolt to the belt. The pulley assembly is different. I don't know if you could buy compressor without clutch and pulley and reuse yours.

The square plate on top is a blank plate which would be removed and discarded then attach the existing adapter piece between the lines and the compressor. That part turns the flow to go from the top to forward. It looks like it could fit.

The rock auto picture could be a worthless stock photo. No one can tell from looking at an online description what will interchange. To make things more complex, the exact same part can have 2 different numbers based on country of origin or factory build location or whatever. Given your working on a JDM car, I think your going to need to find a JDM part number - then maybe someone in the US can cross it or order it for you.

As much as I hate Chinese parts, if your mechanic found that it can fit - that might be your best option anyway.

What countries did this car get shipped to - Japan only - or were there any English speaking countries like UK or Australia. You could try some Toyota forums in those places if they exist - maybe someone is willing to help.

Back