Where does your favorite car live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Got the garage fairly clean. This where the WS6 live all winter. Malibu has a garage, it has one rack and freezer in it. Didn't take a picture of that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In the driveway, LOL. My garage is more of a carriage house and while the Jeep would fit, it is insanely difficult to get in and out of when parked in there. The M5 and the Charger would both winter in the garage though.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I've got the walls creeping in on my garage too.
smile.gif

I know. It should be a two car, but oh well first world problem. The truck and the Caprice park outside.

I have a finished barn with a door, but the mowers, lawn equipment and my kids Dirt bikes are in there.

The Jeep is my favorite. It hibernates in the garage and comes out once every week or two. The garage is a mess.

The Sonata is my daily driver, it's outside in the driveway.

My brother been borrowing the Camry since April, I don't think it's been washed since then
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both mine get tucked inside! There's just enough room, with proper positioning, to fit both cars and leave an aisle down the center to get the snow blower in and out. Not an inch to spare (the Cadillac takes up a lot of room).

In the front yard, at my cousins house. Never driven, no love, just sun and moss eating it alive. The two wheel favorite is in the garage, under a blanket, waiting for her turn.

The SS is always garaged and the Acadia is as well unless I am working in there for the day. The Grand Prix (The beater) always sits outside.

The SS hibernates during the winter but I am very tempted to pull the trigger on some Blizzaks if there are any good sales this Black Friday. It is just too fun to drive to just let it sit all winter.
19.gif

When I had my GTO I drove it all year round on summer tires and that wasn't such a good idea even though we don't get a lot of snow. The few dustings of snow I got caught in it was more than a handful to say the least to keep on the road.

IMG_2341.jpg

Originally Posted by ABomb369
The SS is always garaged and the Acadia is as well unless I am working in there for the day. The Grand Prix (The beater) always sits outside.

The SS hibernates during the winter but I am very tempted to pull the trigger on some Blizzaks if there are any good sales this Black Friday. It is just too fun to drive to just let it sit all winter.
19.gif

When I had my GTO I drove it all year round on summer tires and that wasn't such a good idea even though we don't get a lot of snow. The few dustings of snow I got caught in it was more than a handful to say the least to keep on the road.

Love the SS. I just put SS springs on the Caprice today. Sits correct now. The cop springs were crazy.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It looks great. Love the all black look on them coupled with the Holden emblems. Changing the badge completely changes the look of the car IMO. I still get tons of stares and people asking what kind of car it is, I have yet to see another around where I live. I likely have the only one in the county.

The first 5 dealerships I called had no idea what I was talking about when I was inquiring on purchasing one. It wasn't until I decided to call the largest Corvette dealer in the STL area that actually knew what I as wanting and had been selling them successfully. They were able to source me a black one with the 6MT.

Added some better pics.

2016-08-31 11.18.33.jpg

2016-08-31 11.19.50.jpg

2016-08-31 11.19.26.jpg

Last edited:
Abomb369, Do you worry about getting parts many years from now? Nice car. A buddy has the G8 and it moves!

Originally Posted by Onetor
Abomb369, Do you worry about getting parts many years from now? Nice car. A buddy has the G8 and it moves!

G8 uses the same engine as my Caprice. (Well L76 VS L77 the difference is the Caprice is tuned to run on E85 if needed) The SS is faster. The Caprice and G8 run 13's while the SS will tick off 12's
The 11-13 Caprice shares most of its stuff with the G8. The 14 and up shares most of it's stuff with the SS.
They all share a bunch of stuff.
That includes some interior bits, Caprice and G8 use the same brakes (unless GXP) (Caprice does have larger rotors, pads and better struts/shocks then the G8) SS uses Brembos.
I don't worry about drivetrain parts. Caprice and G8 can use CTS brakes. It is all standard GM LS motors and transmissions.
I worry about it getting wrecked and not being able to get body panels.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ABomb369
It looks great. Love the all black look on them coupled with the Holden emblems. Changing the badge completely changes the look of the car IMO. I still get tons of stares and people asking what kind of car it is, I have yet to see another around where I live. I likely have the only one in the county.

The first 5 dealerships I called had no idea what I was talking about when I was inquiring on purchasing one. It wasn't until I decided to call the largest Corvette dealer in the STL area that actually knew what I as wanting and had been selling them successfully. They were able to source me a black one with the 6MT.

Added some better pics.

I was tempted to sell the WS6 to get an SS but couldn't do it. Just would miss it too much. When I saw the Caprice I figured next best thing and it allowed me to keep the WS6. I couldn't justify it when I have the truck, trailer, wife's Malibu and would have picked up a beater car as to not drive it in the winter. At least the 14 and up Caprice basically have the SS dash, it just doesn't have the floor [censored]. They moved it up to the dash to free up space for police equipment.
Changing the badges to the Holden stuff is the best thing you can do. I was glad I did it. I love your SS.

Cars, no matter how favoured have always lived outside, I have never put a car inside a garage ever. Motorcycles, no matter how unfavoured, always live inside a garage.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Tucked away inside an overcrowded garage... just barely fits.

[Linked Image]

That color looks great on that SRT. Nice choice! For some reason I do not prefer black on the Charger. I guess because you see so many of them that are black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back