Where do you work? What is your occupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BA degree in Law - not a lawyer, just an Arts degree in law. Confuses a lot of people! I also did a Legal Assistant certificate with our local college.

I work for a Crown Corporation, technically as an administrative assistant, but I do a bit of everything - database management, customer service, research, admin work...I started here as an intern and just never left....

I do several jobs.

The main gig involves me consulting in assistive technologies for the state and clients of the state. Minor gigs involve areas in the computer and IT fields.

B.S. in Math
B.S. in Statistics
Minor in Comp. Sci.
Various certifications

I drive dump trucks and a 26' sterling box truck. Both vehicles suck 'cause there is no a/c, and having the window down on the highway is deafening. Just sayin' no complainin' Love the whistle on the C-10 in the dump truck tho.

Quote:

I drive dump trucks and a 26' sterling box truck. Both vehicles suck 'cause there is no a/c,

Yes, that sucks. I worked almost 2 years at a place that made industrial refrigeration and air conditioning. You'd think the factory would have an example of the company's handywork keeping the common man cool.....? Guess again. Contract said workers could go home if the shop temp exceeded 100 degress. How generous.

Last edited:
GIS Tech. for the County. I get out in the field quite a bit GPSing structures and what not.

BA Geography w/option in Cartography & GIS.
GIS Certificate.

Been driving big gravel trucks ( trailers) since 1994. Tired of it and want out of trucking alltogether. Looking into getting my Level 1 Thermographer certification and there are many opportunities with that from there.

I'm on career # 3 or 4 depending how you count. Present job is as an alarm tech. 20 something yrs after I signed my name to A MA D license for low voltage. In 04, after being laid off from 11 yrs at ATT, building fiber rings around eastern MA, I went to school for code classes to bring the grandfathered license current. My timing was perfect for a change. The license became a legal necessity a year later. At first I was put with techs who werent licensed. Essentially , I was the license and the tech was my apprentice.In reality, I was the apprentice, I didnt have a clue to the ins and outs. But I learned and am still learning every day. I am a bit slow , but I'm ramping up. I mostly service and trouble shoot then fix stuff. They took care of me during my breast cancer adventure, above and beyond what would satisfy the company line. They also will let me work until my early seventies if I want. The work isnt strenuous, I grok buildings from previous careers as a ship wright and a house framer. I have a BA in politics, and a certificate in computer electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back