Where do you usually buy your meat?

I wish I had a good butcher shop nearby. That has always been my preferred source for meats. But we don't right now.

So most of my beef and pork come from Costco. The rest from the local market.

HUH? Many of the Amish don't even have electricity? Probably even less have tech.

We have a Mennonite community in our valley. One of the families has a food truck that sells donuts. To advertise their schedule of what locations they will be at, they have a friend of the family, who is not Mennonite, run a Facebook page for them. Perhaps the Amish are selling their meats to a retailer, who sells and advertises the meats as Amish.

For whole chickens we butcher our own. We still end up buying packs of frozen chicken breasts and thighs from Aldi throughout the year.

For beef we usually buy half a cow from neighbors when they send several off to be processed.

We eat a lot of deer(usually 5 a year)in this family. Depending on size they can either got to the butcher shop or I’ll cut it up myself.

Whatever turkey I get in season gets processed at home.

Any lunch meat comes from the grocery store. We don’t eat a lot of pork but it usually comes from the store as well.
We did that once but all our neighbors in the cul de sac freaked out and the HOA went ballistic. We have been banned….

We're fortunate enough to have several, good, substantively different sources for nearly all the world's foods.
I buy locally butchered meat while in the country mostly to support our neighbors.
The meat and fish quality at the everyday chain grocery store is quite good.

Local ranchers/farmers for the most part.

We do buy chicken at the store. But pig, lamb, beeves locally and somewhat rotational.

Never had a bum steer, usually if anything a bit lean. That's when you can tell the difference between a ribeye steak and a ribsteak. Wife and I love grass fed, and sometimes/often discuss the favor in cuts, ranch, if grain finished compare, etc....have some spent barley malt finished beef. Super tender, but very neutral flavor. We tend to like grass/wild grass all the way, maybe not as tender, but the aroma and flavor are so so good. Almost like lamb.

Back