Where can I get my original OEM (Japan) MAS refurbished?

My original Mass Air Sensor needed to be replaced on 1994 Mitsubishi Montero. It was around $650 from Japan. Is there a company/person recommended to refurbish? Obsolete part in north america and not interested in aftermarket (bad experiences for this model). Thanks!

I want to get the old original OEM refurbished! Not a new or already refurbished one..

Are refurbished/rebuilt Mass Air Sensors even a thing ? For $650, you can buy a lot of aftermarket ones !

My original Mass Air Sensor needed to be replaced on 1994 Mitsubishi Montero. It was around $650 from Japan. Is there a company/person recommended to refurbish? Obsolete part in north america and not interested in aftermarket (bad experiences for this model). Thanks!
What exactly where your bad experiences, what problem manifested and with what brand?

I'd get the Delphi, but the second link is a remanufactured unit so most likely the same as if you tried to have yours remaufactured except lower cost to get to the same end result:

Why would you think that having some 3rd party remanufacture your specific original specimen, would have a better result? If anything I suspect the opposite. Refurbishing a precision calibrated sensor is not quite the same as refurbishing something that just needs cleaned, painted, and new seals put in.

I dont want Chinese 2nd rate parts. Had issues with parts made in Vietnam too. The original OEM Japanese parts have lasted 26 years so for. I appreciate the responses.

Run a BlueDriver on fuel trim, spray it off before you spend a lung on old junk..might be surprised.

What kind of MAF? There are capacitors and resistors inside the logic and unit but generally unless it’s a Karmann Vortex unit that uses an LED and a photocell against a aerofoil, the sensing element is a one-time deal. The Karmann Vortex MAF uses a specially shaped physical vane to move a mirror - the mirror “deflects” light from an LED towards a photocell.

Mitsu and the older Lexus LS400/SC400 all used Karmann Vortex MAFs.

Parts Geek is another good source.

Air Mass Sensor

I was checking Parts Geek out and scored OEM turn signal lights for my 97 Volvo. They had the assembly that was made by the same company that makes the OEM units for Volvo. At least I could buy them at a reasonable price, without the 100% mark up for the blue cardboard box with Volvo printed on it.

I did find you a NEW OEM unit for $404 which is a lot better than $650.

Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse

Last edited:
Broad question. Not a troll.

Do bad MAF sensors trigger a code?
Depends on the failure mode. If it's just dirty and the output is skewed, I doubt it will throw a DTC.

Back